WTB: Chorus I or II

GandL

Looking to purchase a pair of Chorus I's or II's. Willing to consider anything but preferably not black....live in Texas and willing to drive. Willing to consider the forte I or II as well. 

Thanks 

Edited by GandL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GandL said:

do you think 1100 is overkill for that or reasonable?

I track Heritage prices on a spreadsheet.

For Chorus I in Good condition the Avg is $651.

Chorus II Avg $777.

Notes

Get the Ch2 if you can find one.  It has a stellar reputation amongst owners.

My spreadsheet reflects historical values, all confirmed sales.  Many have noted Heritage prices going up lately from my recorded averages.

You live in Texas.  It's hard to find deals.  A Texas sale can be as much as 20% over the recorded value.  You can check out the spreadsheet and do your own research and analyses according to your needs.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2020-11.xlsx

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Shiva said:

From prices I've seen,  I think it is a bit high for the Chorus 1's. Perhaps, others will chime in on what is a decent deal.

reasonable ----the seller wants 1k$ 

• Like 2

Currently have a system with Heresy II's from my dad and Kg4's stacked on top of that I found on the side of the road. They sound good together....they kind of help each other out so to speak...but am looking for just one unit instead of two that could possibly be an upgrade....

• Like 2

Cool!....do you think the Chorus would sound better than the two together or comparable? Trying to get a feel here...Its a fairly small space...12x10 listening room but I can open the doors and can fill the house pretty well ;) 

When you first hear a Klipsch speaker with a 15” woofer you will wonder what the heck you were listening to all your life. Seriously.

If those have the titanium tweeter diaphragms and new crossovers they are a sweet deal.

55 minutes ago, GandL said:

Cool!....do you think the Chorus would sound better than the two together or comparable? Trying to get a feel here...Its a fairly small space...12x10 listening room but I can open the doors and can fill the house pretty well ;) 

The Chorus will sound much bigger than the Hersey and Kg4 together. In my opinion either Chorus is a big upgrade. 

Chorus prices (& Forte) are significantly higher now, even here in FL (where they've always been lower) I would say the new "normal" is 850-900 for Black, 1000-1100 for Oak, and 1100-1200 for Walnut. Price doesn't seem to matter if they're version 1 or 2, & both sound GREAT.

The only time you'll see em priced at pre-covid #'s (600-700) is if they're "beaters" needing a veneer redo...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GandL said:

Comparable but the front ported ones being front ported allows it to be placed flat against a wall or closer to a corner versus the 2s rear PR.

Either one fine. Good thing there is a door to your room. You will want it.