How do I get bass out of Klipsch Cornwall IV?

On 4/16/2023 at 8:58 AM, CoryGillmore said:

Sorry I missed this, I don't check in on the Klipsch forums as much as I used to. Probably something to do with the fact that I haven't purchased audio gear since November 2021, just been so content with my CWIV and Audiolab 6000a Play combo. I mentioned this in another thread, but I believe I was one of the first, if not the first, people to recommend you getting into a Klipsch Heritage speaker. It's cool to see that you've gone and picked up another pair! Though if I remember correctly, you live in a pretty small apartment, has that changed? 

A lot of people recommend subs with the Heresy line. But I would absolutely try placing them closer to the wall just to see. I actually use two subs with my CWIV if the mood strikes me. I've got two cheapo Klipsch subs hooked up to the pre-outs of the Audiolab and crossed over at 40hz, so they just pick up where the CWs fall off. I enjoy them with the subs too, but they lose their speed and precision with the subs enabled. I'm very much interested in a pair of Klipschs new subs, either a pair of 10s or 12s, but due to their massive size, it would damn near require a rearrange of my entire front stage lol. 

If this was on the Hoffman forums it may have been. I've only been on this forum for a couple of months. I have a decent sized room but yes live in a 2 bedroom apartment. I don't like too much bass so I can't fathom needing a sub for the Fortes. Maybe the Heresy though. I've got the Heresy IV now 12 inches from the back wall and the bass is nice and full and sounds great. But it does roll off under 50hz. I'll have to try my REL sub with them. They are finally broken in or at least I think they are and the Heresy is a great, great speaker. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 6:21 PM, Bananas and Blow said:

The idea that the OP that returned them couldn't get bass out of a CW IV is laughable. It's rated to 34 hz! My fortes slam like no other speaker I've owned. And they are only rated to 38hz. 

There was a prior case of a new klipsch owner who bought the speakers ,I cant remember if it was new or slightly used  , and he was complaining of the bass ,  come to find out , the  person was right , and  he was instructed to unscrew  the woofer to check the wiring  because there is no way that a 15 inch woofer does not have bass  , and yes , the woofer was wired incorrectly  ,   ,  it   happens   

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 10:12 AM, mustang_flht said:

look at her

I've listened to this in the past and the thing that really jumps out at me is the difference in midrange presentation. The CW is more forward and the Forte more recessed. I've had the Forte IV as my main speaker for a year and am thrilled with it's sound. However I recently picked up a pair of Heresy IV and listened to them for a solid 5-6 weeks. Once they were broken in I came to love the sound but missed that final octave of bass that the Fortes had. This week I put back the Fortes and the midrange sounds recessed to my ears. I miss the midrange "attitude" of the Heresy. I like the greater impact the larger Fortes make but the Heresy has a tighter snappier bass and bolder midrange. Never thought I'd think of replacing the Fortes with the Heresy but it's actually a possibility. Sounds to me like the CW is the better marriage of both with the deep bass and more pronounced midrange. I do not have room for the very wide CW's unfortunately. There is a pair locally for sale in my favorite walnut for $4500 also. Sigh. Can't have them all.