Hello! New Guy Here

MickShrimpton

Hi Everyone - Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am new to this forum but not to the Klipsch loudspeaker family. I can't believe I haven't found this forum earlier... Glad I'm here now though!

Short story on how I got into Klipsch. I was talking with a coworker about 7 years ago and somehow we got on the topic of audio equipment. She mentioned that she had some gear she was going to take to a donation site. Without getting too excited I asked if she knew what it all was. She said a receiver and some speakers that began with the letter K and she couldn't pronounce it... Soooo knowing that it could be the one and only Klipsch I had only heard about up to this point, I said I would take it all off of her hands if she didn't mind. The next day she brought it all to work and it was a pair of black KG 1.5's and a NAD 7100 receiver. I had never owned a piece of NAD gear either up to this point either so I didn't think anything of it. My initial reaction was "aw man... bookshelves?!" haha boy was I wrong. I got home and hooked them up to a Yamaha AVR I was running at the time. I put on some tunes and immediately was baffled at the sound and low end coming out of those things... I know they only go down to around 50hz but damn, the louder I turned it the better they sounded. I couldn't believe the sound that was coming from the "little" 1.5's. From that moment on I was HOOKED! Everyday from there on I would be searching for Klipsch speakers on all of the usual online sources. I have since amassed quite a collection of Klipsch speakers, and I only buy and never sell any of my gear.

Below is a list of my current collection and I also threw in the buying prices just for some laughs. Most were right place at the right time but the prices sure have gone bananas lately. Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to contributing what I can here!

KG 1.5 Black - Free

KG 2.5 Black - $160

KG 3.5 Oak w/ Crites Diaphragms - $175

KM6 (KG 5.5) Black - $250

Heresy I (Mismatched Pair 1976 and 1984) - $400

H700 (1965) - $100

Ref VI RB51 - $50

• Like 1

KG 3.2s were my first klipsch speaker back in the early 90s. I wasn’t all that impressed and soon traded them on some Definitive Technology speakers. It took me almost 20 years to come back into the klipsch fold.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good guys around here.

Shakey

8 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

KG 3.2s were my first klipsch speaker back in the early 90s. I wasn’t all that impressed and soon traded them on some Definitive Technology speakers. It took me almost 20 years to come back into the klipsch fold.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good guys around here.

Shakey

Thanks Shakey. Definitely seems like a great bunch! Glad you made it back to Klipsch!

12 minutes ago, Islander said:

Welcome to the Forum!

Fair warning:  Coytee is an extreme enabler.  But then, so am I.  It sounds like you’re ready for some La Scalas.

I have had these Heresy I's for a few weeks now and I think they will do the job for a while... La Scalas are always on the radar but I actually would like some Chorus II's if those ever pop up locally.

• Like 2