Two Towers

phips25

I saw it last night and I agree. And just think; the inevitable DVD Extended Version will have deleted scenes. :-)

I watched FoTR again on DVD just before seeing Towers and got to see all the extra footage in that one, which I think provided even better continuity between the two films. Particularly, Galadriel's gift giving segment. I watched the DVD, last TTT trailer and then saw the movie last night.

Another cool thing was that my DVD EE version had a free ticket coupon included, so I got to see Towers for free. 9.gif

Saw it tonight. It sucked. Just kidding. Awesome!!! There were a couple of things that really tied in to the special edition, I had a friend sitting next to me that is waiting until X-Mas to get his special edition, so I noticed a couple things that he would've seen if he had the special edition. Can't wait til it comes out on DVD and I can watch it on my system!!!

i heard the music wasn't going to be in the film before i saw it. but i too was disappointed at that. but the "braveheart" (LOL) rohan music and the music at the end (opera music with the final charge) were amazing additions.

this movie gets better every time you see it. all the middle stuff isn't as useless as i thought the first time i saw it. i too have seen it three times and the last was the best. i soo want to see it again.

----------------

On 12/29/2002 1:53:09 AM seventeenmonkeys wrote:

this one had some special effects blunders
----------------

Did you see Die Another Day? Holy cow the special effects sucked it up! When he is surfing on th ejet cars top as he is escaping the sun beam, that looked NO BETTER than when Elvis was a surfing dude in hawaii. You would think 20 or so years would improve some of this kind of special effects....

Gollum was awesome. So true to the book IMHO. Since reading the book I really feel for the poor fella!

Loved the moive. It was a beautyful movie. However for me... I have a hard time with these two movies because of all the weird names. I can't remember who is who as far as names go. I know Froto, Sam, and the main wizard guy whose name excapes me at the moment. If I could keep all the names straight, I would probably enjoy it a lot more.

Why was this named "The Two Towers"? There was only one tower right? The one where the evil wizard was in...

As far as affect blunders go, there was only one area where I seen something I didn't like, and that was when the two hobbets where riding in the tree. When they showed them, and showed scenery off in the back ground, it looked fake, very fake.

Any old Rush fans out there? Evertime there would be a scene with the tree guys, I could not help thinking of that old Rush song, "The Trees". 2.gif