Initial Forte IV Impressions

Calibuck

On 9/9/2021 at 5:58 PM, Fido said:

Especially on this forum where its mostly just macho men that think speakers need to be BIG the BIGGER the better no matter what size room you are in. 

You mean it's not true? Dang!

I would love me some Forte IVs. I didn't have to pay for my MWM cabinets, so I'm glad to have them. They ARE big, but the bass is effortless.

The wife would more readily approve the Fortes, though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marvel said:

You mean it's not true? Dang!

I would love me some Forte IVs. I didn't have to pay for my MWM cabinets, so I'm glad to have them. They ARE big, but the bass is effortless.

The wife would mire readily approve the Fortes, though.

Yes my wife loves the Fortes and thought the Cornwalls looked good too but gave a big thumbs down when I told her they would intrude into the openings even ever so slightly  between the dining room,kitchen and listening room. When the Bill for the Fortes came in she surprised me and used one of her work bonuses and paid for them.

Free  MWM cabinets sound very sweet!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

He's so dramatic with his hand manorisms and so forth, but after meeting him in person a couple times, I like the guy. He's not the same in person as he is in his videos.... In a good way... 

He should be wearing an Armani suit , but still wears Jeans and Tshirts , oh yeah ,  the Platinum Rolex is the Classy Touch 

32 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

He's so dramatic with his hand manorisms and so forth, but after meeting him in person a couple times, I like the guy. He's not the same in person as he is in his videos.... In a good way... 

Kevin is actually a very passionate person that shares the same interests most of the members here on this forum do- great sounding music. I enjoyed sitting with him in his sound room listening to music and playing with some of Upscales great gear. Fun day for sure and a few days later I traded in my MA252 integrated for my EVO 400 and have enjoyed it for the past two years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fido said:

Kevin is actually a very passionate person that shares the same interests most of the members here on this forum do- great sounding music. I enjoyed sitting with him in his sound room listening to music and playing with some of Upscales great gear. Fun day for sure and a few days later I traded in my MA252 integrated for my EVO 400 and have enjoyed it for the past two years.

Don't hear my wrong, maybe you disagree. I'm saying that in person, I feel he's different. Very passionate, very personal and extremely relaxed. His videos come off differently TO ME.   My 2 cents. This is from a guy say he respects the guy after meeting him several times and talking at length about all thing audio and otherwise.