Matching center and surrounds for Forte IV

Mikekid

A third forte would be best.  There isn't a 'traditional' horizontal center speaker that's matched to the Heritage series.

Surrounds are more forgiving.  If he isn't going Atmos I'd recommend a wide dispersion design like the RP-502S.  If he's going to do Atmos the RP-600M are great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikekid said:

Thank you for the reply wuzzzer! I will pass this on. Sure wish the folks at Klipsch would consider an Academy version to match. I love ours. Take care and thanks again! Mike

Some use the Academy with Heritage and extended Classic.

What it was made for. HT...etc.

• Like 1

That's what we have for our ChorusII's. All in oiled oak and mint. Including the KG2.5's surround They do work very well with these. All have Crites titanium diaphragms. After we got everything dialed in, they've all been really fantastic sounding in here. He really wanted the distressed oak with those blonde grills versions of the Forte IV's and didn't want a used Academy version in black. So hard to find anything used that hasn't been abused. Some badly. Klipsch really should consider updated, matching versions. I can't see how they'd lose money on this. Folks with the heritage line have home theater systems too Klipsch! Not all two channel/stereo!  Are you listening Klipsch? Think McFly THINK!    new versions with those blonde grills and retro emblems would be awesome!!! Take care billybob. ~Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

The only 'traditional' 3-way center speaker Klipsch ever made was the Palladium P-27C.

I think Klipsch is missing out on a huge  opportunity by not having a horizontal center speaker for the Heritage series.

I know a guy who had a Forte II horizontal built for him by a cabinetmaker. All original components and the horizontal cabinet was equal in size to the original. Of course a redesigned motorboard. You really couldn't tell it wasn't a Klipsch. I have no idea why they refuse to do that themselves. I have been running full size vertical centers for the past 4+ years. Compromise is bottom of screen height, floor space in front of the mounted tv, but most people are using a console there anyway. Pretty much all horizontal center channel speakers are compromise solutions, unless your using twigs for mains.

4 minutes ago, billybob said:

Academy

Wrong voice. Won't be timbre matched. Drastically outclassed by the newest Forte. This thread is for IV not II. I never like the fact Academy was sealed without a passive. You could always tell the cabinet was killing the bottom end of that speaker.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:55 PM, Mikekid said:

My son will be buying Forte IV's in the near future. Are there any new Klipsch versions that would be a good center and surrounds match? He will be putting a 5.2 system together? Thanks much!

In a perfect world if your son has a proper spacious room the Forte IV L/R with a Heresy IV center and surrounds might be one of the finest movie/music HT system. It's my dream multi-channel speaker system anyways. 🙂

• Like 3

On 12/23/2021 at 5:41 AM, mjcmt said:

In a perfect world if your son has a proper spacious room the Forte IV L/R with a Heresy IV center and surrounds might be one of the finest movie/music HT system. It's my dream multi-channel speaker system anyways. 🙂

His listening room just not large enough. Sure would be awesome though, no doubt! Klipsch...get busy!!!

On 12/13/2021 at 1:55 PM, Mikekid said:

My son will be buying Forte IV's in the near future. Are there any new Klipsch versions that would be a good center and surrounds match? He will be putting a 5.2 system together? Thanks much!

A  set of Forte IV’s deserve another Forte IV for center , or a Heresy IV as center  , that’s what belongs in there. Instead of degrading the system with an inferior speaker, you could run a 2.1 setup .

Edited by Tom05

• 2 months later...

The Belle Klipsch makes a great centre between Heritage speakers.  Mine’s between a pair of modded 2-way La Scala IIs.  Its size also makes it a great TV stand, although some might find it a bit tall.

The only issue is that single Belles are hard to find.  I had to buy a pair to get a single, and now the second Belle sits in a corner on standby, in case its brother ever calls in sick.

It’s also possible to do without a centre speaker, or to use the TV sound at low volume to augment the phantom centre effect produced by the main left and right speakers.  That’s what I’m doing with my bedroom system, and it works pretty well.

Keep in mind that a centre speaker is only needed when your main speakers are very far apart and/or your listeners sit far off from the main listening position.  If they aren’t and they don’t, you may get along fine with a 4.2 system.

key words of this thread= "matched" & "forte4"...

academy, quartet, belle, etc are not matched to the forte 4.  will they "work" & produce sound?  yes.  will it be a timbre matched sound? no. 

i agree that any decent center will work & they dont all have to be perfectly matched but for modern forte4 speakers there isnt any true center channel offered by klipsch to match so need to use a single forte4 or heresy4 for a good timbre match.  or as mentioned, try the "phantom" setting on the AVR that will send all center info to the L&R mains.  ive used phantom before i had a decent center to match the mains i had at the time & it worked very well.  

i also agree that klipsch is doing a disservice by not making a heritage center for customers that have the new heritage speakers in a home theater set up.  same for a heritage looking sub.. or a practical horn sub.  

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

001: I also agree that klipsch is doing a disservice by not making a heritage center for customers that have the new heritage speakers in a home theater set up.  same for a heritage looking sub.. or a practical horn sub.   👌

• Thanks 1