Take two and call me in the morning.

NADman

I've been jotting down these ?words? for a couple of months from TV adds.

No idea what they are for but they do make me wonder about the English language, among other things.

I guess they are nouns but are they in a dictionary?

RYBELSUS, CABENUVA, TREMFYA, OZEMPIC, HUMIRA, FLUZONE, PRILOSEC, BIKTARVY, PREVNAR, DUPIXENT, DESKOVY, SHINGRIX, TRULICITY, ENTYVIO, NEURIVA,

XIAFLEX (I saw "Bent Carrot") in that one, CAPLYTA, STELARA, NUPLAZID, PREVAGEN, LINZESS, SKYIRZI, VRAYLAR, VAZALORE, PROLIA, ENBREL, DESCOVY, ENTYVIO,

FASENRA, INGREZZA, FARXIGE, OTEZLA, COSENTYX, TEPEZZA (Bulging eyes?), NERVIVE, KISQALI.

Please excuse any spelling mistakes. HaHa

• Haha 2

Pharmacist here. It's become pretty challenging for big pharma to come up with unique drug names eligible for patent protection, yet easily remembered by doctors. And if you think those names are something, the generic names for those brands are even more ridiculous. Entyvio=Vedolizumab, Rybelsus=Semaglutide, Tepezza=Teprotumumab-trbw

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NADman said:

No idea what they are for but they do make me wonder about the English language, among other things.

RYBELSUS, CABENUVA, TREMFYA, OZEMPIC, HUMIRA, FLUZONE, PRILOSEC, BIKTARVY, PREVNAR, DUPIXENT, DESKOVY, SHINGRIX, TRULICITY, ENTYVIO, NEURIVA,

XIAFLEX (I saw "Bent Carrot") in that one, CAPLYTA, STELARA, NUPLAZID, PREVAGEN, LINZESS, SKYIRZI, VRAYLAR, VAZALORE, PROLIA, ENBREL, DESCOVY, ENTYVIO,

FASENRA, INGREZZA, FARXIGE, OTEZLA, COSENTYX, TEPEZZA (Bulging eyes?), NERVIVE, KISQALI.

It would have been much more interesting if you had jotted down the side affects.

JJK

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NADman said:

I've noticed that, too. It seems like they are trying to use the orphan children in our alphabet. Lots of Q's, Z's and X's

16 minutes ago, Seadoc said:

Thanks. I will take my, Methaqualone, with my morning coffee.  May not call you though.  HEHE.  Zzzzzz.

714s  My very 1st pharmacy fraternity party, someone ground up about 50 of those and put in a couple of gallons of screwdriver mix. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1