Best small Klipsch?

bclasen

I love the Klipsch sound and I want to produce it (to some degree) in my office. It's small (10 x 10') so I'm thinking of speakers that are wall mounted. Will be driving them w/ a 5 WPC amp, so they need to be efficient. Rear ported - probably not since they will be on the wall. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob

SB1s are a great little speaker.

I've ended my search for small bookshelves with the SB1s.

For around $200 a pair new, I was hard pressed to find something better.

I went through about 20 different pairs of similiar size and price.

None of which, exhibited the behavior I was striving for.

I find the SB1 to have good imaging with ample detail and all without sacrificing the low end.

That's nice to find in a speaker of it's size and price range.

The room I bought them for is 8x10x7.

Enjoy your quest.

John.

For practical reasons and ease of mounting the SB1's are one good choice,you will need some ball joint mounts to free the rear port.Also less practical,still not too big is the SB2,better tweeter/larger mid-bass.

About the same size as the SB2 is the RB-3,of better finish and driver quality these really shine in small rooms.Here however you will need a solid ball joint wall mount as these are not 1lb speakers.And these work wonders with low wattage tubes like Antique Sound Labs or Cary.They really sing

Now depends how much money you want/can to spend

I would look into the KG 1.2/1.5 or 2.2/2.5 series. The KG 1.2 is about 9"x9"x13" so a great small speaker with very good sound. The KG 2.2 is 9"x9"x18". If you find the 1.5 or 2.5, they are already pre-drilled for the Omnimount brackets. I have a pair of the 1.2's for my back center and sound very good.

Huh, exuse me...but the Heresy is NOT a small speaker. They come in at almost 55 pounds, and you could almost fit two RB5's inside of one.

As far as I'm concerned, there is NO speaker that competes with the RB5 for it's size, and surely up to twice or more times the money. The RB5 is a dynamic monster, and not even the RF7 can punch out midbass like these things can -- and though this may seem VERY hard for many of you to believe, but insiders at Klipsch, as well as myself -- believe it is the most dynamic speaker Klipsch makes outside of the LaScala. They are one of my favorite speakers.

Single woofer designs tend to be a bit more coherent than dual woofers. Also, the RB5 crosses over to the tweeter about 300 cycles lower. I've owned the RB5's, RC7's (which I used in two channel), currently own the RF7's, and also have Heresies. I don't need measurments, I've compared the speakers myself. I also commented on these findings with an email to Bob Gassel at Klipsch -- who agreed. It was actually BobG who said the only speaker more dynamic than the RB5 is the LaScala. At any rate, a pair of RB5's and even sub par sub, completely smoke the RF3's and RF5's.

I don't know, but I really noticed when comparing that first 15 minutes in the Abyss. There is that scene while the sub is diving down, and then crashes into the cliff face. Those stones break loose and start to roll down the side. The RB5 just does that kind of thing with an extreme amount of intensity. Kick drums in music just WHACK, and it's the tightest sound I've ever heard from a ported design. It was a complete riot comparing them to my Magnepans I had at the time. My son and me just start laughing. I immediately sold the Maggies and got a good powered sub to go with the RB5's.

Now I'm listening to ported floor standers (which I said I'd never do), and 9 watts (which I also said I would never do).

I think I've completely lost my mind.