family furniture

Marvel

Henry4841 posted some piccs of furniture he made, nice mahogany. Not sure if this was made by someone in the family, but this was in my grandfathers house as long as I can remember, and Henry and I are the same age (73).

@henry4841

It's american chesnut.

20220228_211902.jpg

20220228_211723.jpg

20220228_211736.jpg

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Henry4841 posted some piccs of furniturehe made, nice mahogany. Not sure if this was made by someone in the family, but this was in my grandfathers house as long as I can remember, an Henry and I are the same age (73).

@henry4841

It's american chesnut.

Also live in neighboring states. Chestnut was wiped out many years ago. That is a piece of furniture to cherish. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, henry4841 said:

Also live in neighboring states. Chestnut was wiped out many years ago. That is a piece of furniture to cherish. 

There was a second one, upstairs in their house. It was in pieces, either being built or in the process of being refinished. It just disappeared when I was still young, maybe in my 20s.

I hope this can stay in the family.

• Like 1

I like when the furniture is made with someone's own hands. I wouldn't throw this furniture away either. They look great. I'd even like to find sth alike for my living room. I've just ordered a cupboard for my living room from https://ashley-furniture.pissedconsumer.com/review.html . I wish I could make pieces like you, give second life to things that bring me memories.

Edited by aranas
  • Like 1

Beautiful pieces. 

Never would accept a glass coffee table or any of that sort of furniture. Solid wood for furniture, brick or stone for a facade!

I've even used my 100 yr old cedar toybox upside down for a decade for a coffee table in the den!

Could by why I'm in limbo.

Nah, it's )*&%%

Edited by JohnJ