Volti Audio, Klipsch Klipschorn $12,500.00 Plattsburg MO.

John Chi-town

9 hours ago, richieb said:

I know this seller. As good as they come - 

I second this.  Looking at what you get, the price isn't bad.  If one was a purist and wanted all original with the look, it would still be worth the price for the craftsmanship then swap the components with originals if you desire.  If I was in the market, I wouldn't hesitate. 

very nice craftsmanship , horns and drivers and crossovers ,   top end materials ,  custom  speakers with lot's of labor , a one of a kind restoration   of older  klipsch speakers , sadly , the Badge says  Volti   ,   a  dressed up brand of klipsch speakers  for  Affluent klipsch clientele  who can afford it .

Volti Khorns sound incredible! I own a pair of mid-70's with the Volti wood tractrix horns, BMS mid-range drivers and Beyma cp-25 tweeters. Even the asking price of $12,500.00 isn't so outrageous considering the sound quality, Hawaiian Koa veneer and the current price of KLIPSCHORN AK6 / LA SCALA AL5. Klipsch Klipschorn AK6 Loudspeaker (each) – Upscale Audio  Klipsch La Scala AL5 Loudspeaker (each) – Upscale Audio 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Remember, these started life as Klipschorns, those badges along with components can be changed back.  I bet you can sell the mods, pay for the OEMs and still have money for records. 

If that's true, I could sell the Volti components and then sell the khorns I'd be doing well? You really think it's possible? 

2 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Or you could just enjoy them.  Is this really worth your time?

Greg does really nice work.  It was nice when he was still contributing here. 

I agree, i wasn't looking at it as an investment opportunity.  But to answer your question, I doubt you'd get 12k for used Khorns with OEM horns and drivers regardless of the veneer.  

Purchase and enjoy as is or divert back to OEM.

15 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Or you could just enjoy them.  Is this really worth your time?

Greg does really nice work.  It was nice when he was still contributing here. 

That's what it's all about isn't it? Good luck if you were in this hobby for the money! Greg Roberts did it.

I have no idea how much profit Greg Roberts makes with Volti Audio. He is still in business?

I did a quick cost analysis on selling my Volti components. I figure I could easily ask for 1/2 of the current list price. Which comes to somewhere in the ballpark of $2300-$2500. Then I'd have to purchase the original K-horn components and determined it's probably not worth all the hassle and it would certainly be a lot more fun just listening to them. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I agree, i wasn't looking at it as an investment opportunity.  But to answer your question, I doubt you'd get 12k for used Khorns with OEM horns and drivers regardless of the veneer.  

Purchase and enjoy as is or divert back to OEM.

The sale includes a center.  Yowza! 

These and the Persian Nut for sale, nice choices right now if one is in the market. 

Volti Audio, Klipsch Klipschorn

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

Why would anyone go back to a exponential metal or composite midrange horn from a wooden tractrix. Do you like headaches and listening fatigue that much?

Most may not, but that's why I said the "purist" as in those who are hung up on it being fully Klipsch.  I could care less about what mods are done, to each their own. 

1 hour ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

The sale includes a center.  Yowza! 

Thats the Icing on the cake.  

• Like 2