Heresy 1 restore

Pats3of4

What did you do originally to restore them? Is there big missing hunks of walnut anywhere? I wouldn’t think about a re-veneer unless that is the case and you didn’t post any pics like that.  I wouldn’t nuke them with duratex as they’re beautiful walnut. 

Without more context and pics, possibly just turpentine and a re-oiling? I’m with Dean on the character marks on top. 

• Like 1

From the pics they look pretty presentable to me!

I have veneered Heresy II's that were coming unglued. I used finishing nails to re-secure them, and hid the countersunk heads with a wax furniture pencil.

Invisible results.

The uneven finish, if that's what's bugging you, could be caused by uneven absorption of the stain. It might be too late to remove the existing stain, but MinWax makes a pre-stain which results in an even absorption. They claim it works best on soft woods but that may equally apply to thin veneers. I used the pre-stain on my solid pine doors and the result was perfect.

You could practice on a cabinet bottom to see if the results are acceptable to you.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Pats3of4 said:

MicroMara-lol, you left an emoji but not an opinion 

I’m also feeling this pr to be much more pronounced in the mids and highs.  New caps.  I wonder if it’s the k-55.  I wonder about attenuation 

sad because your efforts with the wood works haven´t yet achieved the desired success, but I believe in your abilities 😉 New caps ? Klipsch certified Products only !

I don´t think it the K-55 Driver , the caps are approx 35 years old , time to change , you don´t know anything about the H1 history from it´s pre owner . 

We may invite @AndreG.   , he restored his H1 very successfull , you may find some usefull info there

On 4/24/2023 at 11:56 AM, winglet said:

Or you could just list them on facebook and dump them… 😜

Listing them is not a negative.  They didn’t come out the way I envisioned.  Trading them or selling them is not “dumping.”