Heresy 2

Aris T.

Tons of stuff if you hit the search above.  Just don't get too wrapped up in things right now.  Enjoy them for a while.

I put risers under a pair I have,which raises the front a couple inches and was amazed at the change in the voice.  Fire them up and enjoy the ride  Perfect match w/the receiver so kick back and enjoy.  Welcome to the Forum!

• Like 2

Get or make some of the angled risers if you can. Those will at least point the drivers toward your seated position.

You could always stick a book or two under the front of the speaker to see if it makes a difference  for you.

Elevating the entire speaker on a stand will reduce the bass but some people prefer that result.

Too bad it's hard for our European Klipsch fans to find Heritage speakers. You're one of the lucky ones!

Hey everyone

I just got them!!

They look and sound great..(I will attach photos)

Only issue is that from the smell I can only guess that they were stored in a humid place.

So my questions are the following:

A) would you recommend any safe way of cleaning the grilles?

B) The same for cabins and horns etc?

C) Any suggestions on veneer maintenance? -oak oil - (I am located in Greece/ Europe so I guess if anyone knows any non American products it would be Extra helpful 😅)

D ) Finally would you recommend that I took them to a technician for a "check up" ??

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Aris T. said:

Hey everyone

I just got them!!

They look and sound great..(I will attach photos)

Only issue is that from the smell I can only guess that they were stored in a humid place.

So my questions are the following:

A) would you recommend any safe way of cleaning the grilles?

B) The same for cabins and horns etc?

C) Any suggestions on veneer maintenance? -oak oil - (I am located in Greece/ Europe so I guess if anyone knows any non American products it would be Extra helpful 😅)

D ) Finally would you recommend that I took them to a technician for a "check up" ??

Personally I’d just wipe down cabinets and horns with a damp cloth to start with. Someone else will suggest a preservative. As for the grilles try a vacuum cleaner first. 

I won’t recommend a tech for a check up. Listen for yourself. I downloaded a tone generator app so I can check the frequencies. If all the drivers work just enjoy them! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! 

These are my newly arrived H2!! 
They sound and look fantastic.
I only have one question though..
It seems I get better bass response to my ears when I am standing up...(my listening chair is about 8 feet from the speakers and they are distanced aprox 6 feet from each other)
Has anyone experienced that before?
I have tried several different positions and I came down to this..
Any suggestions?
i am powering them with the vintage sansui 771 (32 wpc)

IMG_20231104_113327 (1).jpg

• Like 4

If it's not a big problem for you, I would take the white speakers out of the room for a day so that the Heresy2 can radiate more freely into the room. The bass often depends on the specific room. Sometimes it helps to change the distance between the speakers a little, i.e. the distance from left to right but keeping at the wall, sometimes the bass changes just by a few centimeters. Congratulations btw.

In addition the white speakers if they are ported, they could suck some bass energy away from the Heresys. So a second reason to put them away at least for some testing.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Aris T. said:

It seems I get better bass response to my ears when I am standing up. 

Heresy speakers are monitor style speakers , they  sound much better at ear level , so higher up by  2 feet or more 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OO1 said:

Heresy speakers are monitor style speakers , they  sound much better at ear level , so higher up by  2 feet or more 

I am not so sure about that, Randy, they could loose there balance a bit and do not melt with the room so nicely. The angle of the small stands makes some sense.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Aris T. said:

i am thinking a tube amp and a couple of rel subs in the future.
So in the meantime i might just experiment with a few inches here and there😅

BTW i like your turntable and this vintage Sansui. In the house of my mother is still the stereo of my father who passed away 20 years ago. A Sansui QR 6500 with SP2500 speakers in the front.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KT88 said:

BTW i like your turntable and this vintage Sansui. In the house of my mother is still the stereo of my father who passed away 20 years ago. A Sansui QR 6500 with SP2500 speakers in the front.

it is my late dad's Sansui !!! wow..what a coincidence 
it is a killer receiver..
Never going to part ways with it

Edited by Aris T.
  • Like 3