Wanted: Klipsch Palladium P-17b and/or P-39f Speakers

etc6849

On 11/15/2023 at 11:02 PM, Ceptorman said:

The P17s and the P27c are the hardest to locate for sale. Good luck.

Thanks, and yep...  They are all rare at this point which is why I'm not in a hurry to buy.  During the upcoming recession I want to move to a bigger place and I'm planning on a Palladium Atmos setup.  I figure I'd start collecting more speakers now as they come up for sale.  They just won't get used for two years or so lol.

4 hours ago, etc6849 said:

Thanks, and yep...  They are all rare at this point which is why I'm not in a hurry to buy.  During the upcoming recession I want to move to a bigger place and I'm planning on a Palladium Atmos setup.  I figure I'd start collecting more speakers now as they come up for sale.  They just won't get used for two years or so lol.

I hear you. I have a pair of pristine Merlot P17b sitting in an unused bedroom upstairs waiting for me to update my home theater gear 😁

• Like 1

@MMurg

Wow, that's a very nice setup.  I plan to do something similar.

My Palladium setup isn't complicated enough...  I'm only using 20 channels of DSP, DAC and amplification for 5.1 (5 actively tri-amped speakers with 5 subs).  I'd like to get my channel count over 30 lol.

I get incredible side imaging with four P-39f's.  Can't say I'm dissatisfied with the setup by any means.

TheaterFrontWide.thumb.jpg.7e701d132176ebfc58c6c9f0168c9c72.jpg

TheaterBackWide.thumb.jpg.b7c5c11778b2dd1b2dfe9221e17081ae.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I hear you. I have a pair of pristine Merlot P17b sitting in an unused bedroom upstairs waiting for me to update my home theater gear 😁

An Atmos decoder capable of providing 16 channels of AES digital output is finally available for under $5k. 

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-product-arvus-h2-4d-atmos-renderer-simultaneous-16-channel-aes-balanced-analog-dante-output.26248/

It's really neat that the 1U (1.75") height Arvus H2-4d would fit nicely in my current rack setup too.  I'm just not sure where the extra amps and speaker processor (4x8 DSP+DAC) will go; probably under one of the rear subs.

Previously, this was a $20-30k endeavor just for the processor.  It was never going to happen as I don't listen to my theater as much as I used to.  Most of my time now days is split between my son and stocks, but I still love audio.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello:

Came across this posting by accident while looking for ATMOS speakers, LOL.

I also have friends in Irmo, on the lake :)

In our circles, Extron and similar companies are virtually unheard of. Their market is equipping auditoriums and even smaller meeting rooms that require a high level of conferencing connectivity. Thus, 2 usually entirely separate needs. Extron only sells via local dealers / installers and I gave up on them as no one showed any real interest in my home set up. However my guess is that the SSP 200 would be of similar size to the Arvus and around $1500 for the device itself with all of the additional pieces and software (per Ebay listings) - except for the needed amps and speakers. For home use, there might not be any support. There are some pdfs and 1 is noted below. Perhaps where you live, there are folks (auditorium / meeting room suppliers / installers) that can expand beyond 7.1-4.4 if required for home use.

Also please be aware that some of the higher end Denon (for example the new 6800H) and Marantz AVRs have 4 unique sub outputs, so 7.4.4, 15 channels. I do not know of a consumer grade AVR that can handle any more than 4 subs or 4 ATMOS speakers. All of these units incorporate amps, so they are much taller and heavier. Consumer level ATMOS pre amp only units are very expensive - and not all are well rated or still use somewhat older AV technologies like HDMI 2.0, etc.

FWIW, I do not know of any chatter from Dolby or dBX sound engineers regarding how good or bad various consumer AVRs etc are in terms of implementation of ATMOS or ground level surround channels - much less components used in theatres. These employees and the folks that make or supply sound for movie theatres might not be allowed to speak publicly about consumer use items.

So far as I know, individual consumers have no reasonable cost access to decoding hardware or software short of buying new AVR type units. However, for room corrections, there are several software (Audissey and DIRAC) and hardware (miniDSP and UMIK mic + REW software) solutions available and under 1K cost.

https://www.extron.com/product/printable.aspx?id=ssp200

From NOLA with love.....

On 11/15/2023 at 9:38 PM, etc6849 said:

Looking for some Klipsch P-17b bookshelf speakers and maybe another pair of Klipsch P-39f's if they are close to Irmo, SC.  The P-17b's are pretty easy to ship.

For the right price I might be willing to sell my P-39fs. Perfect working condition, with some minor cosmetic damage. I also have a complete set of brand new drivers for each speaker. Speakers are on Isoacoustics Gaia 1's.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Reminder: If you get offers to sell by PM:

REMINDER TO ALL FORUM MEMBERS WHO HAVE POSTS WTB OR WANTED

Thank you to @veloceleste and @Woofers and Tweeters

Reposted this to make it more about the method of the scam. This will continue, not just here, but all Forums. 

You want to be vary, vary wary of any transaction where they insist on Western Union, or cards you purchase, etc. This isn't individuals in the USA typically, these are international fraud rings based all over the world. Law Enforcement cannot help you if you fall victim typically because payment is by cash equivalent.  

This scam continues to thrive. IF YOU RECEIVE A PM with a message that someone else has an item and contact them at an email address, odds are it's a scam and be on the highest alert. Be especially aware of Members with little or no posting history.

If you post a WTB or WANTED type post in Garage Sale for an item worth a good amount, be prepared to receive a PM from someone saying they know someone with that item for sale with an email address. They may even say they have it directly. They will have few or even zero posts in their profile. 

IF YOU RECEIVE A PM YOU SUSPECT IS A SCAM, FLAG IT. IT GOES TO ALL MODERATORS AND WE WILL BAN THAT PERSON AS A SPAMMER IF IT DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE LEGITIMATEe

Reposted this to make it more about the method of the scam. This will continue, not just here, but all Forums. 

You want to be vary, vary wary of any transaction where they insist on Western Union, or cards you purchase, etc. This isn't individuals in the USA typically, these are international fraud rings based all over the world. Law Enforcement cannot help you if you fall victim typically because payment is by cash equivalent.  

This scam continues to thrive. IF YOU RECEIVE A PM with a message that someone else has an item and contact them at an email address, odds are it's a scam and be on the highest alert. Be especially aware of Members with little or no posting history.

If you post a WTB or WANTED type post in Garage Sale for an item worth a good amount, be prepared to receive a PM from someone saying they know someone with that item for sale with an email address. They may even say they have it directly. They will have few or even zero posts in their profile. 

IF YOU RECEIVE A PM YOU SUSPECT IS A SCAM, FLAG IT. IT GOES TO ALL MODERATORS AND WE WILL BAN THAT PERSON AS A SPAMMER IF IT DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE LEGITIMATE

• Like 1

13 hours ago, S4B said:

For the right price I might be willing to sell my P-39fs. Perfect working condition, with some minor cosmetic damage. I also have a complete set of brand new drivers for each speaker. Speakers are on Isoacoustics Gaia 1's.

What state are you located in?

4 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

etc are you still rocking the 39s I sold you? If you want my 37s let me know. They're in Espresso

Thanks!  I will keep that in mind.  Your speakers sound much better in my current setup btw (full active triamping crossed to 5 subs).  Drop me a line if you are ever in Columbia, SC if you want to listen to them again.

• Like 1