Jubilee

I haven't heard that particular combination, but I can pretty confidently say that the Heritage Jubilee would be a significant step up.  The K-402 horn can control lower than the JBL horn.  The new wide dispersion phase plug significantly improves off-axis high frequency response.  The polars of the K-402 and the Jubilee bass bin were designed to match up well at the 340 Hz crossover point for a completely integrated sound.  Finally, the Jubilee is capable of low-end response down to 18 Hz in half-space and lower with boundary gain.  Even after doing a significant deep bass cut due to too much bass room gain in my room, the - 3 dB point is at 16 Hz.  I don't think any modified Khorn is going to beat the Jubilee.

They're just different...

Both are wonderful, yet the Klipschorn can't do what the Jubilee can do and the Jubilee can not do what the Klipschorn can do.

Surely the both can play the same frequencies to a point (Klipschorn can't dig nearly as low) and the Jubilee has trouble sparkling on top.

The Jubilee is much more effortless and has a tremendous sense of scale in terms of imaging that a Klipschorn can not match, but the Klipschorn is much more effortless in terms of ease of operation... when it comes to the Professional Jubilee.

Is the Jubilee better, yes... is it more trouble, yes. (A lot of this is due to the steep learning curve necessary when using the Pro/xilica set up).

I never liked the sound of a 'Cheeky' horn... but that's a person preference.

52040542056_ca220ec382_k.jpg

• Like 1

KHorn owner 30 + years, now current UG Jube owner. To my ears the Jube bass bin is much better. Can only imagine how much better the Heritage Jube is.

And the 402 horn is so MUCH better that there is NO comparsion IMHO. If you need more sparkle a tweeter of one's choice can be added.

43 minutes ago, Flevoman said:

Can you perhaps explain what you mean by this? (Dutch, sorry) 

I believe he's referring to the JBL horn in the OP

15 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

my KH with JBL ,2360 horns. ?? 🙂

jbl2360.jpg

• Like 3

The JBL 2360/65 horns have a slot in the throat, which many have said will sound like frying bacon if overloaded. Dennis (DJK) always commented on this, but I am going to make an assumption here, that used in the home, the JBL horn would be ok in that regard, especially since it was designed for P.A. use but you are downsizing the area covered. The K402, is a modern design with more time to make it a better horn all around.

You can see the long slot in this pic I pulled off the net.

JBL_2360.jpg

• Like 3