spouse approval of products

michael hurd

My wife loves me and knows that records and tubes and such are an essential part of who I am and keeps her mouth CLOSED (even though she thinks I'm nuts!). When I dragged home a pair of ratty Belle Klipsch a few years back the only comment she made was "do you think they're big enough" and smiled. I sold them only because the Cornwalls sound better.

Mine's threatened to take my computer away from me!

I got her interested in a second system for our sitting room. Then I got her interested in a new cabinet to put the system in (she likes furniture). That opened the door for my finding a "good deal" on a system! Bingo, I get to buy more stuff!

Greg

ha! I just have to reply to this one too!!

Im kinda lucky in the fact that my other half

trust my judgement in selecting top gear,

But she just hates looking at the stuff

so.......

The reason that we will be getting Corner

horns is that we both agree that they are

incredible instruments and awesome furniture !

she loves the look of them

Which is good for me because i will be able

to pic the top style and finish.

I allways say,.. the klipschorn is justlike a

Steinway..a quality instrument in detail and

finish....

2)

The reason i am working on our full home

cinema, and she approves , is that she is a

big movie buff,..AND not a stitch of gear

will show once its done.

Everything is up behind the screen..

except the DVD player..of course.

SO like in business,.... if you present things a certain way...they'll buy it!

im lucky

ROb

I decided to say To Hell With That WAF BS !!

Her: What are you thinking of ? Those speakers are too big !

Me : Listen Woman ! I will decide what does or does not go into our living room UNDERSTOOD ?!

Her: Yes Dear (turning on her heel and exiting)

Me : That's More Like it !

Me : For God's Sake Woman Put Down That Poker !!

Me : Yes Dear (turning on my heel and schlepping out of the room)

Not true but just felt like having a little fun !

I found that the perfect solution to the WAF problem was to buy the house next door and move my system into it. I don't complain about her traveling to exotic places on a regular basis (at least once/month). She doen't complain about the gear that I collect.

Jim N

My gf thinks I am crazy being into audio and all... she is behind me 100% when I want to waste my money on headphones, speakers, tube amps (still want one...) and now my new headphone amp project which will either be a tube amp or a solid state of some type... She doesn't see why I spend so much on it, but is ok with it. Go figure... I guess as long as I still buy her stuff too it is all good. 9.gif

MICHAEL: what she don't know , won't hurt her .!!!!

Hell your in the same trade as me michael, don't you ever do any cash jobs ???

My entire audio system is built with no goverment interference cash .

I restore and build street rod's in my garage then take em into the shop on a weekend to spray.

look at the possibilities afforded to you !!!

bikes , sled hoods, personal watercraft , helmets , hog pilots pay big coin to have there tanks and fenders painted.

man the list is endless, I even spray cabinet doors and face frames for my best friend who owns his own cabinet shop.

I just say see ya later dear gotta go back to work for awhile tonight,few times a month and the next thing you know theres and extra G note in your jeans.

toooooooo easy man .

lynnm: Not yet buddy, i replyed to this in location location thread.

but i don't mind saying it again. I check the paper everyday and the barginfinder every thursday. just a bunch of thrashy lascalas lurkung right now. I put my name in at all the high end stores around town and the local klipsch dealers so i should be the first to know if any come up, you'll be the second to know.

My wife loves tube amps. She is especially fond of the chrome EL-34 tube amp with the black cage. She loves the wood plinth and metal top plate approach as well. I think she prefers exposed tubes to tubes hidden within the chassis. Come to think of it, she even thought the looks of the vintage EICO to be endearing once it was redone. The Cornwalls were a bit of a shock, but only in that they were replacing some beautiful (and great sounding) Brazilian Rosewood ProAc Mini Towers. You could literally place close to four of the ProAcs within the cornwalls....heh. In a place our size, this was QUITE a change as the stereo already dominated the main room as the central focus prior to the Cornwalls.

Every place we move, music plays a center roll in the main room (this has been going on since I was born actually). And every partner I have ever had has loved it as well and uses the system(s) too. When my wife comes home from teaching, she invariably throws on a record. She has come to prefer vinyl over CDs most of the time unless for convenience sake.

Although, she does reserve playing LPs in the nude with the doors/windows open for special occasions...heh... usually when the surf is loud and the tourists are banished back to the mainland!

kh

That's it I know where I'm taking Vacation this year !! I'll be pitching a tent on the beach right in front of Kelly's place with a set of Binoculars and I won't be looking at the Sea that is for sure !!! 2.gif2.gif

My wife and I have a real give and take relationship ! She has a fascination with Far East artifacts and antique furniture. She loves to over decorate and to me it looks horrid so I put up with it and she puts up with my Audio, Drag Racing, Computers and Hunting/Fishing. So it all works out in the end !!!! She also enjoys music but only in a passing way I have never seen her grab a album or CD to play.

Craig

I find it stimulating to feel always on the verge of being kicked out of the house. It really is a balancing act. Just remember to bring the flowers in BEFORE the banana box full of 25-cent records from the thrift shop. Simple!

fini