Best audio related bargan ever?

kenratboy

How about an Adcom GFA535II amp for $60, Onkyo Integra tuner ($900 MSRP) for $40, Adcom GFP565 preamp for $100 or Onkyo Integra receiver for $1 (and the 50 cent part to fix it). Just some of the stuff I found at various Hamfests. There you know my secret. Just stay away from the ones I frequent.2.gif

All in good fun although it is hard to always see it without visual cues. Besides, I knew he was going to use the "no value to me" argument. I, in fact, was going to mention it in my original post but wanted to see how he responded. 9.gif

In short, the best audio bargain is the one that we derive the most enjoyment from regardless of initial cost. With that being the case, my $100 Heresies, in mint condition I might add, are still my best bargain. My Eico tube amp runs a close second but since I spent more on an assortment of tubes to swap in and out than I did on the amp, it can not top the Heresies.

Rat Shack SPL Meter at the Orlando Radio Club meeting

Brand New in box $3.00

Cornwalls from Pennysaver in Phoenix

$350

Watching me drive down the road with one Cornwall hanging out of the trunk and one in the front seat taking up so much room I couldn't even turn the steering wheel without having it tilted all the way up like a big rig with about 1" of clearance to spare.....Smiling all the way home.

Priceless

EJ1.gif

Nice, Doug! Maybe we can hook up and use that single RCR-3 with my single IC-800 in a "bachelor pad" we set up in Vegas...

O.K. Let's see...Friday I got:

a NAD 5170 CD player with 3/ 6-disc magazines for $25

a Denon DRR-780 cassette deck for $25

a pair of B&W DM570's for $40

Just missed a pair of Boston Micro90x's for $20, and a matching Boston sub for $35.

fini