Reference series prices...

jkholt

This are the prices for the reference series speakers that I plan to purchase tomorrow!!!! Do they sound fair??

RF3II's $722 pr

RC3II $297

RS3II's $476 pr

RSW-10 $850

These prices are AFTER a 15% discount from my Now!Audio Video store. Thanks in advance for all replies!!

JKH

I think those prices are a little on the high side.

For $850 I would strongly consider an SVS subwoofer. I had an RSW-10 and the PC+ 2039 out performs the RSW hands down.

As one other member recommended give Joe at soundcity a call.

Also you might want to ask for a price qoute from Josh at www.docdvd.com

RF3 II and the RC3 are shielded....

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

If you have not bought yet, as one said earlier, soundcity.com or 800.370.3156 X708 "Joe". The prices that I wrote down were $540.00 / shipped or $480.00 / pick up.

They are in New Jersey about 25 - 30 miles from NYC I think. For you guys that are good in math... the pick up price is 43.5% off MSRP!!

Regards,

Mike

The last soundcity pricing that I made note of (about 2 weeks ago) was the following shipped to my door. Pleae note that your door may vary.

RF-3II = 540

RF-5 = 1000

RF-7 = 1550

RC-3II = 250

RC-7 = 515

RS-3II = 350

RS-7 = 580

RSW-10 = 690

RSW-12 = 950

RSW-15 = 1250

The gentleman was very helpful and seemed to know the Klipsch product well and always returned my calls (does not like email much however).

I felt bad (being in sales myself) that we have all but made a deal when in the 11th hour I let a local dealer give me a price and after some negotiation on the phone they beat the total deal by $20 total and they had white RS-7's in stock, 0% 12 month financing and I got the speakers in two days. That's retail I guess...

Regards,

Mike

Yes I have seen RF7s for $1300 new in the box from unauthorized dealers minus shipping.

Cost to the retailer is about $1200 - $1300 after their cost of shipping and handling.

If i was able to snag a pair of RF7s from an authorized dealer I would have snagged them without thinking twice.

Scott

Those prices included shipping to Maryland from New Jersey (right again Bruins). As far as their "web pricing" goes they must quote retail pricing and pick up only at their store so not to loose thier vendor agreement with Klipsch but if you call up on your own or just stop by...

RE: Cost on RF-7's, my guess is about $1050.00 for the pair before freight, warehousing facility and inventory (accounting) expenses.

I got mine at Tweeters for $1,440.00 but don't tell anyone! OK?

Regards,

Mike

Mike, thanks for the pricings. They were very helpful. I'd love to get my hands on the rf-7s for the price you said (~1100). Are they from this popular "JOE" as well? Believe it or not, but I tried to call SoundC. a few times, and this one time, this person picks up, but it wasn't Joe. I asked him if he could give me some pricings on Klipsch, and his reply was, " I am sorry, we only sell KLIPSCH speakers in our store only."

Scott, they said they would do me for 500 pick up, 575 shipped ( I can get it for 560 shipped, hopefully). The rf-5s are too pricy. If I was to upgrade, Rf-7 would be fine for around 1100 as Mike mentioned. I am willing to sell some audio parts I don't need, for now....10.gif