SVS are they better?

easylistener

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this comparing a dual Ultra setup to a single RSW15. A single Ultra will have no problem keeping up with a RSW15 above 30hz and easily outgun it below 30hz.

$900 for an Ultra, $300 for a QSCRMX850, another $50-$75 for shipping. Total is ~$1250 to your door.

Dual 20-39CS+ subs with 1000W amp are ~$1600 to your door and will easily outgun both a single Ultra and single RSW15 above and below 30hz.

I'll also contend that the reason some of you like the RSW15 so much for music is the lack of below 30hz output, so don't go upgrading to an Ultra or PC+ as you likely won't like the really low bass.

Dustin,

Who does not want a subwoofer to reach deep subsonic bass with power? Treble lovers

As far as I am concerned the very finest subwoofers MUST reproduce 16Hz with good power.

Easylistener,

Had the Servo-15,a very competent subwoofer.Low distortion and capable of 16Hz,just a bit on the weak side,when I compared side by side with the HGS18 my choice was made and fast,besides the HGS18 reaches lower and has way better output.

Paradigm should release the Servo-25,in the works since god knows when.The Servo-25 is a hulk like version of the Servo-25.The woofer looks more potent then the HGS15 woofer and is mated to a 1500W RMS switching power amp.I think they had problems with the amp

DAN,

Let us know what you think of them when you hear the duals at JM's.

I know your in for a treat. The first time I hooked them up, my wife was yelling "the house is shaking". That was from about forty feet away in our living room, and the HT is attached to the back of the house.lol

Went over to bruinsrme house the other night and we watched Das boot, he used to be on submarines and that and Hunt for Red October are his favorites. The bass was thunderous and powerful. He's thinking about a second one, I think he's nuts. After he ordered the sub he was a little nervous about making a purchase without trying the item out. Now he can't get enough of it.

Call me I have today and tomorrow off and turn on your cell phone Putz.

Dave

(his jealous little brother)

>>Thanks every body. I ordered a svs 20-39pci last night. I am taking everyones word on it. It helps that they have a 45 day trail. I wanted to go bigger but I only had 600. I hope they ship fast because I have the cable ran already.<<

You will love the 20-39PCi. I have one and it improved my entire system (see below). It shakes the entire house and blends very, very well with the Forte II's. My HT room is +/- 2000cf with a large opening into another 3000cf. Even with this large amount of space it still fills the room with clean, reference level bass and I've only got the gain at 1/3 on the amp. The SVS is an incredible, amazing product and they deserve the raves they get. SVS is one of those rare products that actually lives up to the hype.

I got my 20-39PCi sub today and let me tell you, it will make your floor ripple. Thanks guys it is the best bang for your buck ever. Your would have to spend double the money to get something this good. It is not just me I have been demoing it for all my friends and they are all thinking about svs now. I would love to hear what the ultra sound like, because mine is bottom of the line and it rocks. Thanks agian guys.

John,

I love mine, but I have not been able to fight off the dual svs setup demon. My second PC+2039 is coming friday. I can't wait...

If you have any questions ask them here or pop over to www.avsforum.com SVS has their own forum where Tom and Ron, owners, frequent and answer questions. You can email techsupport@svsubwoofers.com they take the time to answer emails as well.

Scott