Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 2/25/2003 7:05:58 PM dougdrake wrote:

I'm afraid to see what fini posts...

DD

----------------

I like to wait until everyone else is in bed, put on something sexy (maybe Black Satin), and lay back, close my eyes, and admire my TT's. Or my CD's.

fini

jtkinney,

I have "back in black" and " you shook me all night long" as the A/B sides of a 45rpm single.

Those both sound great on my heresies cranked up to about 95dB or so.

Any louder then that and I have to leave the room.

When I want to listen to something goofy I listen to some jpop by Ayumi Hamasaki10.gif

I also have some japanese punk songs which are recorded fairly bad but are some funny songs(in english).

Peace, Josh

As I am sure my dad would call it, "Damn hippie music" but this is good, cleanly recorded stuff that can have some earth-shaking bass and stunning tones in it. Steve Roach and Robert Rich are basically music geeks, so they are the ones on the mixing consoles AND instruments. If you have broadband or Kazaa, check some of this stuff out:

http://www.steveroach.com/ (look at Strata and Core)

http://www.robertrich.com/ (Stalker is one of my favorite chill-out albums, dark, quiet techno. Also, go to this page of his: http://www.robertrich.com/rrsoundscape.html)

Enjoy! They both have free, legit MP3's/streaming music samples.

A long time ago inthe late 70's I really liked this compolation album (K-Tel maybe??) called Music Machine. It was the first time I heard "I Like Dreamin'" from Kenny Nolan. To thi sday I still wish I had it. Wound up trading it and a bunch of other records for a recent copy of Foreigner's Double Vision. That's about the same time I started taking Skateboarding VERY seriously.

In 1985 I lost a girlfriend that I thought I couldn't be without, Angie. To help get over her I took up a new hobby. I started collecting and compilling a ton of 70's disco and "one hit wonder" stuff. For example: The Starland Vocal Band with "Afternoon Delight" (remember they had a TV show too) or Climax Blues Band playing "Couldn't Get It Right". Or even (get this) Diesel doin' "Sausalito Summernight". I thought that stuff was great (still do). After putting together about about 30 90-min cassettes of this stuff I'd cruise around in my (period correct for the music) 75' Mercury Montego MX. Just to see people at stop lights look over to see who or what had the gaul to play Walter Egen's "Magnet and Steel" or "Dancin' in the Moonlight" by King Harvest. Half of them would approve just for having the gonads to play it that loud and most of the others would say "Hey, I remember that!!" From there I had a new calling....

So if anyone needs a copy of The New Colony Six's "Elf Song" from the original 1967 vinyl from Sentar Records let me know2.gif.

I had a sweet Fulton F100s speakers with first a first tube receiver, then dual Dynaco ST70s and a NAD 1020 pre-amplifier until Michael Jacksons Thriller came along. Then the bass simply was not good enough and active subwoofers were not on the scene. This album made me change my loudspeakers to Cornwalls and the rest just followed. I loved that album. First one to have 7 top hits. The ABC interview with him was a nightmare. I think he is a closet queen with deep emotional trauma. He says it is from his father. I think it is from a young, rich celebrity coping with a dramatic skin color change in front of the ever-present media. He may be more weird than many weird-anyway artists, but I was proud to play that awesome album. It was pure, not guilty, pleasure.

I spent a summer working in pub in the south of Ireland, where the only modern recording was Abbas greatest hits. Now, I cant hear anything by Swedens greatest rock band without thinking of the Emerald Isle. Hell, I even watched their dumb movie. I admit that I like their music, if only for the memories it evokes.

1.gif

----------------

On 2/26/2003 11:14:44 AM bruinsrme wrote:

My wife saw Mama Mia and said it was awesome. I would have went but decided to go play in an ice hockey tournament.
---------------

To all closet ABBA fans...Yes, Mamma Mia was terrific. Saw it on Broadway last New Year's Eve. What a total hoot!! And the "concert" at the end was great. The cast did a great job with the songs. See it!!

Doug

I enjoy cranking some Van Halen... am right now actually... 9.gif Wow and that just shook my chair. lol

I haven't listened to VH in a long time. I was raised on this kind of stuff. 5 Years old in my dad's truck blasting Hot For Teacher. 1.gif Ahh the good ol' days...

----------------

On 2/26/2003 2:39:37 PM Tom Adams wrote:

Hey fini...you know there's hope for you and your TT's obsession. I know - for I've broken my atheletic socks problem.

9.gif

Tom Adams

----------------

Socksual Healing, eh?

fini

MF is AWESOME!!!

I am a trumpet player and he is my role model. He only has a few octaves on my range. lmao

I have that reach up to double c, which is respectable for any trumpet player, but hey, he only has a few more octaves on me...

The Rocky theme is sweet. Also LOVE Macarthur Park.

----------------

On 2/26/2003 8:33:30 PM trespasser_guy wrote:

MF is AWESOME!!!

I am a trumpet player and he is my role model. He only has a few octaves on my range. lmao

I have that reach up to double c, which is respectable for any trumpet player, but hey, he only has a few more octaves on me...

The Rocky theme is sweet. Also LOVE Macarthur Park.

----------------

I got a few notes on you TPG hehe 3.gif