Road To Perdition

NOZ

I have not seen Road to Perdition. I just might buy it tonight, we are having a 1940's themed party tonight. It is Glenn Miller's Birthday ya know. We even had murals painted on the walls. It looks awesome. The heresy's are down there playing some big band 1.gif What time period does R2P take place?

I just bought Formula 51 starrying Samuel L. The Badass Jackson. Beats up like 6 thugs with a 9 iron. Classic! I must say, the acting is not that great and the language is terrible... why do they feel they have to do that?7.gif

I saw it at the theater, and bought it last week... if you're bothered by moderate violence and killing (like my wife), it probably isn't for you. I enjoyed it; I liked the soundtrack so well, I went out and bought it within a week after seeing it last year (soundtrack by Thomas Newman, who did American Beauty - I guess Sam Mendes, who directed both, digs him).

The cheap moralizing at the end by the character played by Hanks made me want to throw up.

The bible says: Thou Shalt Not Murder.

The message of this movie seems to be: thou shalt not kill.

Most clerics don't seem to understand the difference, so I'm not surprised that theater goers don't either.

The person that wrote this screen play is sick.

Hollywood.

I rented this last weekend. I like Tom Hanks movies, as they are usually watchable at the very least. The point, or direction, a movie takes you is directly based upon your personal experiences, level of knowledge, and beliefs. This means I will not try to tell you what the movie is "about", that is for you to decide. There are quite a few moral referances, both inferred, and almost blatant. One of them being, what comes around, goes around. There are many moral tests, of which almost every character must either pass or fail, and then deal with the consequences. There is violence, and very slight gore, but anyone 14yrs, or older, should be able to handel this with no problems whatsoever. The story is pretty good, the plot flows nicely, the characters are mostly belivable, the sequence of events is easy to follow, and if you let it, you do feel some empathy for almost every character, no matter how good, bad, innocent, cruel, or whatever. I liked the movie, and would watch it again, but not enough to go buy it. Good luck.

PERDITION: To lose; The loss of the soul; Hell.