Music to Nuke North Korea by

Deang

11.gif

I'm sorry -- I just couldn't help myself.

SEOUL, South Korea (March 2) - North Korea warned Sunday of "nuclear disasters' around the world if Washington attacks the communist state, while its civilian leaders urged greater cooperation between Pyongyang and Seoul to ease the crisis on the Korean Peninsula.

The North's official Rodong Sinmun newspaper accused the Central Intelligence Agency of preparing a surprise attack on the nation's nuclear facilities that are suspected of being used to make atomic bombs.

"If the U.S. imperialists ignite a war on the Korean Peninsula, the war will turn into a nuclear war,' Rodong said. "As a consequence, the Koreans in the north and south and the people in Asia and the rest of the world will suffer horrifying nuclear disasters.'

The report, carried by the North's state-run KCNA news agency, claimed that Washington put its forces around the peninsula on "semi-war footing' and "is pushing ahead with nuclear war preparations in full swing.'

Pyongyang accuses Washington of inciting the nuclear standoff as a pretext for an invasion. Washington has repeatedly said it has no plans to attack North Korea, but stresses that "all options are on the table.'

In Seoul on Sunday, North Korea's religious and civic leaders took part in inter-Korean religious masses and urged greater cooperation between the two Koreas.

"Preventing war through national cooperation is the most urgent task of the nation,' said Ri Mun Hwan, a senior North Korean delegate. "If war breaks out, the South cannot be safe and the entire nation will face disaster.'

Another delegate, Oh Kyung Woo, said the "United States is threatening a nuclear war, but if war breaks out both South and North will incur damages,' according to South Korea's national Yonhap news agency.

"Foreign forces will never give us reunification. We must cooperate with each other,' Oh was quoted as saying.

The comments were made during religious masses at a cathedral, a church, a Buddhist temple and other religious locations, which were attended by thousands of South Koreans.

The ceremonies were a part of an inter-Korean festival to mark the anniversary of a major independence uprising against Japanese colonial rule on March 1, 1919.

Pyongyang sent 105 delegates to Seoul on Saturday for the three-day festival. Both Koreas mark the uprising as a major holiday. Japan ruled the peninsula from 1910 to 1945.

Rodong, monitored by South Korea's national Yonhap news agency, reiterated that the North's nuclear activities were "strictly for peaceful purposes and poses no threat to anyone.'

"Crushing the U.S. plot to attack North Korea is a very important issue related to peace and safety of Asia and the world, the existence and future of mankind,' Rodong said.

Raising tensions last week, North Korea test-fired a missile into the sea off its east coast. Pyongyang also reactivated a 5-megawatt reactor that could produce plutonium for nuclear weapons, U.S. and South Korean officials said.

On Saturday, North Korea said nuclear war could break out on the peninsula at "any moment,' after South Korean President Roh Moo-hyun warned of a "calamity' unless the standoff is resolved peacefully and quickly.

The dispute flared in October when Washington said North Korea had admitted pursuing a nuclear program, which violated a 1994 pact.

Washington and its allies cut off oil shipments to the impoverished communist state. The North responded by saying it would reactivate its frozen facilities. It also expelled U.N. monitors and withdrew from the global Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Makes you wonder how these egomaniacal pinheads stay in power. Hussein and the jerk in North Korea should be isolated and done away with.

Of course now all the liberals in Hollywood are in full sixties-peace-protest mode. You know they just love it -- an opportunity to get their faces in the media and feel self-righteous at the same time. Today they protest using military force, saying there are "other" ways to contain Saddam. But then they also were protesting the trade sanctions that were used previously, saying that they only caused the suffering of innocent people. I wonder just what the liberal alternative is for "containing" Saddam?

Oh sweet Jesus...Dean, you idiot, you posted this thread in the wrong Forum. Dammit, it's supposed to go to General, you "war on words" dolt (what'd ya say?)!11.gif

My God, man, look what happens when you innocently bring up a topic of discussion. Just like I said at the beginning of "Music to Nuke Baghdad by", to hell with the tunes, let round up Saddam and Hoo Flung Dung from N. Korea, along with all these damn actors-turned-peace-activists (like we as a nation should listen to a bunch of actors...Reagan got away with it, so he's excluded), and nuke the hell outta them!

How simple is that?12.gif

Bitter after being snubbed for membership in the "Axis of Evil", Libya, China and Syria today announced that they had formed the "Axis of Just as Evil", which they said would be more evil than that stupid Iran-Iraq-North Korea axis President Bush warned of in his State of the Union address.

Axis of Evil members, however, immediately dismissed the new Axis as having, for starters, a really dumb name. "Right. They are just as evil ... in their dreams!" declared North Korean leader Kim Jong-il. "Everybody knows we're the best evils...best at being evil...we're the best."

Diplomats from Syria denied they were jealous over being excluded, although they conceded they did ask if they could join the Axis of Evil. "They told us it was full," said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

"An axis can't have more than three counties", explained Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. "This is not my rule, it's tradition. In World War II you had Germany, Italy, and Japan in the evil Axis. So, you can only have three, and a secret handshake. Ours is wickedly cool."

International reaction to Bush's Axis of Evil declaration was swift, within minutes, France surrendered.

Elsewhere, peer-conscious nations rushed to gain triumvirate status in what has become a game of geopolitical chairs. Cuba, Sudan and Serbia announced that they had formed the "Axis of Somewhat Evil", forcing Somalia to join with Uganda and Myanmar in the "Axis of Occasionally Evil", while Bulgaria, Indonesia and Russia established the "Axis of Not So Much Evil Really as Just Generally Disagreeable".

With the criteria suddenly expanded and all the desirable clubs filling up, Sierra Leone, El Salvador, and Rwanda applied to be called the "Axis of Countries That Aren't the Worst But Certainly Won't Be Asked to Host the Olympics".

Canada, Mexico and Australia formed the "Axis of Nations That Are Actually Quite Nice But Secretly Have Some Nasty Thoughts About America", while Scotland, New Zealand and Spain established the "Axis of Countries That Want Sheep to Wear Lipstick". "That's not a threat, really, just something we like to do", said Scottish Executive First Minister Jack McConnell.

While wondering if the other nations of the world weren't perhaps making fun of him, a cautious Bush granted approval for most axis, although he rejected the establishment of the "Axis of Countries Whose Names End in 'Guay", accusing one of its members of filing a false application. Officials from Paraguay, Uruguay, and Chadguay denied the charges.

Israel, meanwhile, insisted it didn't want to join any Axis, but privately world leaders said that's only because no one asked them.

Yeah Chris, that was too good! I may have to steal it. I know; I'll send it to everybody on my address list (of course, taking credit for it myself), so don't be surprised if you get this "really good fwd" from somebody on ~your~ address list - someday soon! 11.gif

Yeah... This guy from North Korea has really drawn my attention lately. He just seems like he wants to fight. Constantly turning up the rhetoric and then his activities with his fighter jets over the weekend...

Yep, he is the one we should really be concentrating on. HOWEVER, at the same time, if Bush had not said what he said in the first place, the Axis of Evil speal... I wonder if we would even be having this delima with them right now.

Maron, is this what you were referring to? My retired AF Colonel father-in-law sent it along a few days ago ... This is intended to be satire.

-----------------------

(a little tongue-in-cheek from Anonymous)

Rumsfeld's Apology:

U.S. Secretary Defense Donald Rumsfeld apologized today for referring to France and Germany as an "Axis of Weasels."

"I'm sorry about that Axis of Weasels remark," said Mr. Rumsfeld. "I didn't mean to dredge up the history France and Germany's share of pathetic compliance with ruthless dictators."

The Defense Secretary said he was "way out of bounds" with the comments. "I should have known better than to remind people that these two nations -- which live in freedom thanks only to the righteous might of America, Britain and their allies -- that these two nations are morally and politically bankrupt, and have failed to learn the lessons of history," he said.

"It really was an inappropriate thing to say--you know, the Axis of Weasels thing. I really should not have called them the Axis of Weasels.

I think it's the 'Weasels' part that was most offensive... you know, when I said that France and Germany form an Axis of Weasels. Of course, I'm so sorry."

The Defense Secretary continued, "I want it to be known that no other man holds the weasel in as high a regard as I do, and I'll be the first to point out the crucial role this noble creature plays in our ecosystem. I went way over the line comparing the weasel to a bunch of rude, unwashed, leftist Euroweenie surrender monkeys who change their underwear once a month whether they need to or not."

"And I just did it again, didn't I? I just insulted the monkeys.

I'm quitting while I'm ahead."