How many of you use a bare-wire connection?

Kain

I use bare connections on my surrounds. Fronts and center have spades.

From the amp to the wall connections banana but I did not put wall plates in for surrounds.

I will be changing my speaker config 1 more time.

In the past 6 months I have changed config and speaker systems a dozen times or so. But after the 7.1 is setup I don't forsee any further changes.

Scott

I have used everything from pins, spades, and bananas; they were all used because certain equipment called for specific termination.

I now use bare wire for my Cornwall/MC250 combo because the original spade connectors were too big physically to fit within the confines of the terminal strips on my amp and Cornwalls. If I had 3-way binding posts on the Klipsch and McIntosh, I'd be using banana plugs.

As far as I'm concerned, speaker cable connectors do not add any sonic improvement to your loudspeakers or to the overall sound of your audio system. They are designed for your convenience to whatever equipment you may own, and to how often you remove/reattach them.

FWIW, IMHO. 2.gif

As soon as some IC's come in, I'll be doing some A/B comparisons of some of the receivers I've got laying around here. In order to minimize the memory-killing lag-time when switching cables, I'll use a Woods amp/speaker switch, and some "jumpers" terminated with Radio Shack flat pins ($3 for a set of 4). This will be mainly for convenience (bare wires always seem to need re-twisting, and there are always stray strands hanging out, and flat pins fit the most connectors), as opposed to ultimate sonics.

fini

post-3580-13819246674134_thumb.jpg

I use bare wire (solid Audioquest) from Adcom amp to Cornwalls. Bare copper will oxidize over time so once or twice a year, pull and clean them with a contact cleaner or occasionally I just sandpaper them back to brightness.

All bananas on the receiver end because it looks clean, and it's a real pain to feed bare wire into the binding posts, plus with only one set of mains right now, it's a snap to disconnect from the AVR and plug into the mono blocks for 2-channel listening. Bare on the surrounds because they are mounted flush to the wall (spades would probably work there). More bananas on the mains and center because I like bananas, or was it Bananarama? Grunt Grunt