My new site design, need some input

thanks guys, the broken image was just a local file, i just fixed it, try it again,

http://www.soundwise.org/beta/html/

I also fixed part of the .swf (flash) file, you get the entire picture now.

things i know i need to work on are the spelling, i was just trying to BS reall quickly to fill up space. LoL it came out nicely though 1.gif

i also need to make the font on the top of the page more legible.

no links work yet, i COULD finish the site tonight! spring break is this week (upcoming) so it will for sure be finished quickly.

keep the thoughts coming! 1.gif

personally i LOVE the site!

Jees! Looks hella fine!

The text next to the picture of the dandylion is too generic (the green text) and the spacing is f'ed up. The text below it is too small. That should take 10-20 seconds to fix.

Other than that, it looks GREAT!!!

Keep it up Justin, you are the ring leader of this BB!!!

hey Ken, thanks! Same goes to Prod and the rest.

I fixed the fonts, they really were small, and but only doing it on the first layer makes a neat 3D effect when you mouse over them.

I actually was going for a generic font look. I am going for this..."in all the bling, blam, bang high tech there are some things in life that are short, sweet and simple". I think similar to invidiosolus (spelling is way off, sorry dude!). I really would like him to take a look and give me some thoughts, as well as mobilehomeless or whatever his name is this week! 1.gif

I am thinking on drawing a sinosiodal waves in flash like in the Comedy Central - Crank Yankers commercial, check out those colored sound waves, they are awesome. I hope I can figure out how to do that, I am teaching myself all this flash stuff... it is some fun stuff!

Java apps, hey, if you got the talent, shoot me some idea's. the first and last thing I did with java was an interactive menu, made it in 6th grade! I have been webdesigning for half of my life, and that is a long time considering how young I am. First kid in Bellville to have a website, we were the first family to have internet in bellville! crazy stuff!

keep the help coming, can't wait to get this fully up this weekend and the following week. will be tough but fun!!!

Oh, and I will be contributing my HT/computer rig to the collection once I get it finished. It sould look very "unique" as I will run cables over a door frame without attempting to hide them and my TV stand will be up on some painted black cinder blocks. I also want to buy some cheap bar stools, and paint those black for speaker stands. Should be very "unique" to say the least. Should be fun to look at.9.gif

----------------

On 3/7/2003 8:17:13 PM prodj101 wrote:

actually, I like the lower caps look more. it gives it a more basic, simple look, and in a way more stylish than if it were capitalized. if it were in caps, it would look to "proper" .
----------------

right on prodj, my thoughts exactly. we are on the same frequency haha

KBR

You have to admit that I have left you alone for quite some time. Most of the credit for that goes to you - some goes to me for being more tolerant - but..............

There is no such thing as "very unique" - Unique is an absolute term meaning that if something is unique it is the only one of its kind - period. Therefore something can only be unique or conversely not unique.

For Gawd's sake don't ever get me started about people who type it's (eg. it is) when they should use its (possessive eg. belonging to it).

Ooops gotta run - It is time for my Perfecting Perfection Seminar to commence.

Hey You! Yes you with the prissy little Halo sit up straight and quit whispering to that Buffoon with the tablets.

Stigmata - Schmigmatta - Wash Your Hands !

Ok, did the "Rigs" page

http://www.soundwise.org/beta/html/rigs.htm

Still, links are not set yet. Lynnm, feel free to check my pages for all the grammar and spelling errors. There are tons, have fun! I would love to get help with it 1.gif I am so busy designing that those two vital peices have to go at the end of production sadly 7.gif

Justin,

Nice job on the layout and design of the new soundwise site.

There are one or two things that kinda bugged me about it though.

First of all it doesn't really have anything about it as far as the look goes that makes me think it's a site that has anything to do with audio.

The look of the site almost feels as if it could be an insurance site or something like that(or a windows XP site)3.gif

Also I think the gray buttons along the top are slightly sloppy looking, there seems to be some artifacting around the little diamonds to the right of each word.

Since you are using flash anyway it should be easy to go ahead and make those buttons vector shapes in flash.

Overall I think it looks great.

Now I just want to see it finished2.gif

Peace, Josh