Dope from Hope just arrived - Thanks, Art!

markw

I got mine Saturday, but haven't had a chance to read any yet. A quick look through shows the copies to be excellent. Thanks from fini, Art!

I plan on slipping the sheets into those page protectors available at office supply stores, then into binders. (Then onto a prominent shelf in my library, so people will think I know how to read10.gif )

fini

Art: Thanks again and again for your effort. Reading these papers reiterates to me the force that Paul Klipsch was and remains. This distribution further spreads the technical skills he gave to the people near him. I have to say I envy those confidants.

Ken

If someone did not get one and wants one, I am hopefully getting a fellow Klischter's copy and going to make my own copy. I can get it copied and bound for $24-27 (can't remember the EXACT price).

Is this 300 pages or 300 sheets? As in, 300 sheets front and back equals 300 pages.

In other words, how many pages is this? I priced it at 300 sheets front and back (i believe) at Kinko's.

I believe the total number of actual "sheets" of paper was 138, maybe more. Might have been 158. I just told them to make a master copy "set", & run it as though BOTH sides, on all "sheets", as if all the pages had printing on both sides. Its just more efficient that way, especially with 40 copies.

So its more like 300 "pages", 150 "sheets" of paper.

Justin....also beware,,,, I tried to get this stuff copied at Kinko's. They wouldn't touch it! Because of all the copyrights. Being a national franchise chain, I'm sure they've been sued for this kind of thing before. I had original materials. So maybe they won't notice (or care) in your case.

I received my copy as well and forwarded them to "Lighthouse for the Blind".

They'll transcribe them to a CD-R so that I can listen to them at my leisure.

Thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you......

...Thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...thank you...

Thank you very much Art!!!!!!!

Papers arrived repackaged by Canada post with a note apologizing for the damage,

the envelope was torn but the contents were ok???? I have received boxes of tubes

marked FRAGILE that were crushed and mangled without so much as an oops, go figure.

Anyway thanks again, happy listening.

Bob

This is cool.

The notes will be a family heirloom.

I am putting each page in its own sheet protector with a 3 hole punch in the plastic so the hole will not be in the paper.

And then into a robust 3 ring binder.

Observations from my minimal perusal...

1. PWK sketch of living room Bosendorfer & Steinway Piano, K Horns & center Cornwall. He knew what to do to reproduce a piano!

2. MCM 1900... I heard it reproduce the 1812 overture in 1978 indoors in Ann Arbor, Michigan at a Musician shop. Stunning industrial performance and i remember it from 25 years ago.

3. Klipsch phono cartridges..never knew it

4. BS comments on wire and cable. i will spend some money on it by never more than $ 150 per pair personally. Over $ 500 per pair is pure BS!

5. 5 year life span of lame speakers introduced into the market very year. A theroem that will live on forever.

Thanks Art!

if you have an extra i have a friend that missed out.

Glad to see everyone is enjoying it!

On the subject of phono cartidges........that Klipsch phono cartridge looked extremely similar to a phono cartridge Mark Leveinson was selling around that same time. Interestingly, Klipsch showed up at the Chicago Summer Consumer Electroncis Show (after many years of absence at trade shows) with all Mark Levinson gear around that same time. Made me wonder if there was a potential "merger" in progress at the time.