ATTN: EVERYONE

Guest Webmaster

Guest Webmaster

Ok, I'm tired of having to babysit this forum lately so I'm asking that everyone PLEASE just go back to discussing audio. If you want to discuss the war or other politics, do it somewhere else, like a different forum, or over email, or even through personal messages. We are all adults here so act like it.

I've locked all of the war topics for now, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not start any new war topics!!!! I don't want to have to do this, but if this contiues I WILL shut this forum down until after the war is over.

Let's talk audio!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sentiments exactly !

Here is what I suggested in another thread:

It seems to me that there is no place for political/religious warfare/discussion on an audio site.

I propose a change to the terms of use which would effectively outlaw such threads.

It would not be censorship in that Klipsch would be stating up front that politics and religion are not to be discussed in this BB.

Those who wish to debate politics and religion would be free to do so elsewhere - Doing so here should be reason for dismissal.

Some may see that as undemocratic but so be it.

30.gif33.gif30.gif

Thank you.

WEBMASTER

BTW, you for got a thread "KAIN THIS ONE IS FOR YOU"

--------------------------

I don't want to have to do this, but if this contiues I WILL shut this forum down until after the war is over.

--------------------------

Hell no... I say send out the lynch mob first.11.gif

Thanks, Webmaster.

Political posts tend by their very nature to be divisive. And some posts are just so overboard that one feels compelled to comment, which just keeps it going of course.

Blocking the posts entirely is the absolute best way to go.

All this talk about the war darn near started our own war!

Shame the webmaster had to step in like that. I noticed that minn_male posted to every other topic - wonder if he was trying to get the war threads to drop off the first page.

Looks like the webmaster may need to keep an eye on that "Banning Members" thread - hopefully that one won't end up going sideways like all those war threads.

Like I have said several times before - when it comes to politics/religon/war, and a few others - Opinions are like @$$holes - everybody's got one and they all seem to stink!

Also to add - my "Keystone" Division avatar will remain to show my support to the troops overseas fighting this war. I am quite certain that there are folks over there from the 28th Infantry (mechanized) Division fighting. Once a proud member myself 1.gif

OOH

Censorship?

I agree that some nasty people deserved to be censured(SP).

It is a bit like the crap TV with sexual references on at 8:00 PM in family time.

The rap is if you do not like it do not read it, or do not turn the TV to that station.

Forum members post to this site on these type of topics becuase they have a slight insight into the posters. The polital chatrooms have to much chaos to understand others opinions.

We all know FORREST H

He is a reflection of Americana, maybe some people are uncomfortble with him, but do not pretend his segment of society does not exist.

Embrace the view counter to yours to understand how to debate it.

It does not matter to me one way or the other.

Just taking an opposing view for balance.

PWK would most likely say censorship is BS!

Audio Flynn,

Do you really see it as censorship? When I think if censorship, I think of something the government may do to ban topics, books what have you. However, I don't see Klipsch taking some amount of action to clean up the forums as censorship. I see it as simply cleaning up the image here on the forum and trying to keep the topics related to audio.

At what point did it become Klipsch's responsibility to provide a place for the public to bicker about the war and other non audio topics?

As an older respected non "dot.com" com company; does Klipsch support the constiutioal premise which includes freedom of speech?

We work too many hours to jump to the street corner and express our views. Unless you are a student or unemployed.

I work 52+ hours per week(and have four children) and spread the goodwill of the USA across 5 diffent countries; and have for the past 9 years(gainfully employed for 20 years). I have not the time to hitchhike to Time Square to promote objective thinking.

As I have read of PWK, I am convinced; he was a PATRIOT.

His expertise and intelligence was used in WWII(as I was informed from 3rd parties) to make munitions to rid the world of tyrany. His work was effective.

In accordance with that reference he participated to make the world fertile for democrracy, and this experiment in government is only stable with the irrevocable accpetance of a humane constitution for a participating soverigein country.

Dicatorships are not sovereign countries.

I remain convinced PWK would prefer free speech on the site theat bears his name.