THAT'S IT... I will never buy another speaker off ebay again... Now guess what.

m00n

I have a blown tweeter. Oh yeah... Nifty.. Hot damn. WHOOO HOOO! What next.

I just love it. It's on the opposite speaker than the one with the blown woffer. Don't know why I didn't bother to check this before today, but I got close up and put my ear to each horn and could tell that the top one was not playing.

This is just re-gawd-damn-diculous. $1650 for a set of belles only to have 1 blown woffer and 1 blown tweeter.

Anyone have any idea how much a new tweeter is? If I am not mistaken, you can't even get original tweeters for these can you. 32.gif

----------------

On 3/29/2003 7:42:59 PM DeanG wrote:

Chill, everything will be cool.

----------------

Chill everything will be cool?????????

Dean. I just paid $1950 between the speakers, shipping and handling. Is it too much to expect that they work?

As PWK would say This is bullsh1t.7.gif

Non the less, thanks for the info on how to get it fixed. 5.gif

Dang m00n, it seems like if you ain't getting it up the @$$, you are getting it down the throat!

I feel for you. Unfortuntatly, there is nothing I can really do of any real help for you otherwise just lend you my support. I hope after all this crap, you'll indeed end up with a very nice pair of speakers.

Fortunatly, everything I have bought off of eBay have been good - even got a pair of $1000 skis for $250 - they were brand new. I guess I have been lucky. Still, for most big ticket items, I'd rather try to get locally (why such difficulty in finding some LaScalas. I have seen them on eBay, but not locally). To bad I missed out on those Cornwalls - that would have been sweet, wish I could have gotten them - oh well - maybe next time.

Have you been successful in getting the seller to help foot for some of the repair costs? EDIT - Never mind, I just saw one of your other postings in another thread that said she was willing to cover the cost of one of the drivers.

Well, all is not lost. My neighbor who works at InFocus was able to fix it for me. Looking at the diaphram, what appeared to be the problem was the wire just rotted away or something. He soldered on some new wires to the itty bitty bit that was left on the diaphram, put it all back together, hooked it up...

Works great!!!!!9.gif

m00n is happy again. Somewhat...

It is a frustrating situation I'll agree.

On the other hand, replacing a tweeter diaphragm is not too expensive. You and you neighboor can probably work on it.

The woofer is a bit of different matter. None the less, you can get a new driver from Klipsch, or maybe they'll recone it to replace the voice coil.

Overally, you're probably looking at $150. The real pain is getting rooked in the first place.

Gil

William

Thanks man. It is frusterating. Howver, we got it working again. It seems to be the connector rivet thing itself that goes through the body of the horn itself. If you wiggle it, it comes in and out. So when it's all said and done, it must have been two things.

1) the wire was broken from the diaphram and the connection post, and

2) the connection post itself seems to be bad.

We just ran a long beed of solder from post where the speaker wire attatches, all the way down into the whole were the wire would run through the body of the rivet.

Hope that made since.

Eek! Geeze m00n... hopefully this is all that will happen to them... I bought my KG-2.5's off of eBay, and thought I got screwed. I got an awesome deal- $200 shipped for FOUR KG-2.5's in light oak. But, it took them a month of two before they finally arrived... I thought the seller kept the money, but actually the packing/shipping company never sent them! Just imagine how nice they will soudn once running. 1.gif

Jesus Fricken Christ mOOn, i got 4 Excellent working Klipschorns for $2,200.00, now your not ganna fly over here and asassinate me are you?

Im telling you guys here 1 thing, and 1 thing only

WHEN I COME UP WITH THE DEAL, GO THRU ME EVEN IF I HAVE TO BRING THEM HOME FIRST!!!

LOL!

Anyway, so far i am fully enjoying the k-horns, no one bought, as well as the set i already had!!!

If anyone is considering a E-bay purchase please send it to me, or Indyklipschfan, or Rick Tate for an overview first!

Or Andy, if hes in!

HDBRbuilder

we can make sence of the auction, by observation!

I really hate to tell you this mOOn but your only $250.00 less than what i paid for, for 4 Klipschorns!

Please send us an e-mail about purchases on e-bay, we will not BID we will scope it out thoroughly

We are all here to help each other, lets start using it!

mOOn

Back to you, your obviosly ganna need a new diaphram, i wouldnt even play with this, now im thinking MAYBE the 2Uf oil caps need upgraded also!

Regards Jim9.gif

Shame I did not come across the pair of Khorns I found sooner. For one my Belle's are in Oak, two everything works on them and they need nothing! Well hope it all works out for you buddy. P.S. anyone looking for a beautiful set of fully functional Belle's please just send me an email. I go get the Khorns this coming weekend and need to get my Belle's sold.

Frzninvt,

Man, I wish you had been selling them sooner. I sure would have liked the oak better. The walnut is just so drab looking.

Jim, you don't need to look out for me on eBay any longer. I already said I am not buying anymore speakers on eBay...2.gif

mOOn

Sorry to hear of all your troubles, I feel your pain. I have been taken on ebay to.

It can be a real snake pit.

My worst experience was a multimeter ($340.US) seller got my money I got

nothing. Square Trade was zero help, law enforcement couldn't help because

I don't live in the US. Everyone beware!!

Enough of my sniveling, I hope everything works out for you.

Bob

Tuber, sorry to hear about your problems. The lady who I bought them from has been nothing but squared away with me. She has even offered to send me a check for the blown woofer driver. She even said she had a guy come out and inspect the speakers. I hope she gets her money back because this guy don't know his a55 from a whole in the ground. I am in no way an audiophile and I could tell there were individual components of the belles not working.