What type of music?

big_gto

From reading these posts it seems most people listen to music, not just the components. It seems most people hear seem to be into theaudio gear and not the music. I'm sure I'm wrong, but what type of music do you guys listen to. I hate to think that Heritage series speakers are used to play country, pop, soul music, or rap. Any Led Zeppelin, or Black Sabbath, or Stevie Ray Vaughan fans out there?

maybe the best thing about this forum is that we can all listen to different types of music and still agree on the equipment...

personally, i'm into jazz, classical, and 70's rock and roll .....listening to some older maynard ferguson right now....the previous disc was diana krall....

i also like some of the new country...the dixie chicks are awesome on KLF-30's!!!

----------------

On 4/6/2003 6:27:11 PM minn_male42 wrote:

i also like some of the new country...the dixie chicks are awesome on KLF-30's!!!

----------------

The only thing the Dixie Chicks are good for is stem cell research.

kiddin ya mm42-but they're not held in high regard as of late.

Not to worry GTO-

My Klipschorns are on a healthy diet of Metal 90% percent of the time.

Jeff

I am 17, and am like most 40-year old guys- classic rock all the way! 1.gif Rap sucks (cannot spell crap without rap 2.gif), country makes me feel worse than I already do, metal is just not appealing, pop annoys the crap outa me, new age whatever it is- the words suck and have no meaning, or you can't understand them anyway. Soul, well, I don't like it either. Blues just don't appeal to me either, though I can tolerate it, stuff like SRV, etc- good people, just don't listen to them. Jazz is ok, Maynard Ferguson is a God on trumpet. Classical is pretty, though I don't spend much time listening to it. I don't have heritage speakers, though. I have KG2.5's, which are some nice speakers (I think).

Well, I guess I fall into that stereotypical category too. I'm 25 and I love classic rock from the 70's and 80's. As well, I have listened to some metal, some classical music and jazz. Rock 101 from Vancouver is the best I have found yet for classic rock, the station call letters are CFMI. I can get it on the sattelite or tune it on the web.

I listen to lots of electronic music (NOT the crap that nightclubs play, WAY above that) and that sort of stuff. That is why I am interested in Klipsch, horns and hi output, with quality. I do like classic rock and all that, no country for me.

Someday, I hope to build or buy a HUGE horn setup with MASSIVE subwooferage that would send EAR into hiding. 2.gif

I listen to metal, mostly the symphonic/melodic power/prog variety - far better than you typical mainstream metal (ala, Metallica). I am currently listening to Stratovarious's newest CD - Elements Pt 1. In fact, I think if there is one genre where the Klipsch RF-7s really sounds good, it is the Melodic/Symphonic power/progressive metal! Agressive and dynamic enough to handle the hard-hitting guitars and bass with full authority, but refined enough to render the ochestral parts in all thier beauty.

I also listen to alot of the 70/80's rock - Rush being my most favorite. Got a pretty sizeable collection of Yes, Pink Floyd, Asia, and a few others.

I also listen to alot of the newer stuff. Coldplay is one that got me interested. I also picked up a copy of 30 Seconds To Mars' self-titled CD - pretty cool stuff there. I also got some stuff by Bush, Stabbing Westward, 3 Doors Down, and a few others.

Tresspasser_Guy could not have said it better - "You cannot spell Crap without Rap" - ROFLMAO. I'll have to remember that one!

I also will not subject my Klipsch to the likes of N'Sync, Britany Spears, or any of that other drivel (and the music industry wonders why they are in a slump - and I can gurrantee it is not due to people trading MP3s on the 'net, althought the record nazi RIAA wants you to think so - but I digress...).

And my Klipsch will also never see any Country/Western - I just do not like it in any of its forms.

Hey prodj101, I think you're the first person to stereotype me. Ever! I love rock, classic rock, cool jazz, bebop jazz & instrumental jazz. Classical every once in a while. Besides that, I like any kind of music, as long as I can't hear it! Rap & Hip-Hop are the worse, not because of the skin color of the "muscians", just ****ty sound. It's not really music, just vocal rap (crap).3.gif

cant spell trespass w/o @ss 2.gif

Cmon now. If you don't like it,let it be. Personally I'm into classical, old jazz, punk, and my big three (Tom Waits, Velvet Underground/Lou Reed, and Morphine), but I like a lot of rap too (Public Enemy, Common, NWA, Digable Planets, Nas, De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, etc. etc.).

Here are the five cds in my five-disc changer right now:

1. LOTR: FOTR soundtrack

2. Tom Petty: Wildflowers (an excellent reference cd)

3. Bruce Springsteen: The River (first disc, playing as I type... just took out Simon & Garfunkel's Greatest)

4. Johnny Cash: American IV (featuring "Hurt")

5. Sarah McLachlan: Surfacing

Lotza classic rock from the 60's thru today. Favorites are mostly 70's and 80's, but i especially enjoy bands that were great then, and still playing today. i saw Kansas in concert in bay st.louis,MS. and they were OUTSTANDING!!

Keep on rockin'in the free world!

avman.