Girlfriend laughs at my HT hobby.

afraid

Mwiener- Most married guys would be pretty happy with that arrangement. Your description sums up what marriage is all about......give and take EVENLY.

My wife loves to decorate, wallpaper, paint and in general spend money like crazy on things I feel are unnecessary. I just tell her that I only need a few things.....My motorcycle, my audio-video hobby, my hockey equipment and of course a well-stocked frig and liquor cabinet.

Wife said...YES!!!

My wife let's me buy anything I want. Even when I try to restrain myself, she pushes me over the edge. She says, "If you want it that bad, go ahead and get! Juststop whining about it!"

Of course, if I get a new receiver, she gets new jewelry. If I upgrade my speakers, she upgrades her wardrobe.

Give and take...that's married life. Ain't it grand?

My girlfriend/fiancee told me to go out and buy my stereo! We just got engaged so I thought I would have to start saving money for the wedding. When I asked her why I should go buy the stereo she said "You have wanted the stereo longer thanyou have wanted me!"

Now, I am about $11k in the hole and counting frown.gif

My girlfriend/fiancee told me to go out and buy my stereo! We just got engaged so I thought I would have to start saving money for the wedding. When I asked her why I should go buy the stereo she said "You have wanted the stereo longer than you wanted me!"

Now, I am about $11k in the hole and counting frown.gif

I wish my girlfriend would try and convince me not to buy things. It might slow my spending a little. She enjoys what I buy, but I don't think she likes shopping for electronics, so she figures the sooner I buy it the less I drag here to look at things three or four times.

Klipschguy-

I owned a pair of the pro version 801's, I gutted the drivers out of the thing, put in new baffles and mounted Jensen 6 X 9 coaxial drivers in them for my wife's Jeep. What an improvement! I am always proud of bringing that up to " those guys " ! I guess I would rather have my wife laugh at my HT hobby than laugh at a part of my anatomy!

Bloomis/Mwiener-

The easy way to work this is to have separate bank accounts. That way, when you want to go out and buy that new amp, you can. If she wants to go out and buy new drapes, she can. Different pots of money sure makes life easier; no ***-for-tat.

JHAWK92- I've heard of maried guys having a slush fund but separate bank accounts........PUHLEASE!!!!!

Chalk me and every married guy I know up in the PW'd column. Slush fund maybe, separate accounts, I shudder to think of the wife's reaction. Fortunately, I just tell her when I want something and negotiate as I'm the one working and in sales!!!!

Bloomis-

Well, if that works for you, great. The separate accounts has worked wonders for us. This past summer, when I upgraded to my Denon 4800/POA5200 combo, I didn't have to ask permission, I just did it. Same way for getting my second set of KG 1.2s for the THX-EX. It kinda helped that before we were married, we both had direct deposit and we were kinda lazy and didn't want to change all that paperwork. Oh well, it sure works for me.

I feel sory for most of you guys! My wife is the best! She is very enthusiastic about audio. Our dream is to live in a shack in the woods. Just us and the chipmunks! She says she wants to thke three things along. Our LaScala's, her cello and ME!

Ed

BTW: marriage is not give and take. It is give, GIVE, GIVE. (The more hou give, the more you get).

Separate bank accounts won't work. Well it would for me, but she would be a little short on cash being a stay home mom. wink.gif I have no problem with the I spend - she spends deal. I just have to be conscious of the fact that when I spend, it really costs me 2x what I actually spent.

I have talked to several individuals who have purchase audio and HT equipment replacing components 2 and 3 times for a better sounding system over a short period of time. If I did that, I would be in the poor house with this arrangement. I have to consider my purchases very carefully before I spend. What ever I buy, I have to live with for a long long time.

It's fair and it works. If I could only get her to stop reclassifying home re-decorating as something for the house, not her, then I would be all set. If I got matching funds for the re-decorating, I would have a wad of cash to spend. wink.gif

Mike.

Well, I say the hobby can be defended as being less expensive and time consuming than duck hunting.

And it keeps the man home. Assuming that is a plus for the woman.

On the other hand, living rooms are sometimes the jurisdiction of the female.

Yeah, your right. We can't win.

Bachelor Gil