drive by shooting of a CAT!

lemonman

My girlfreind and I would love to get a Scottish Fold kitten. But the waiting list for those is about as long as adopting a human child. Our current cat, named "Deposition" or "Depo", is four years old and is still going strong (we nicknamed him "CatBoy" because he acts so human). But a coworker at my office has a Scottish Fold and she, "Lassie", is simply adorable and has the friendliest disposition. Sheila (the GF) calls them Lemonheads but she says it affectionatley.

Either that or she wants a Bull Mastiff(?!!).

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/Scottish Fold Kitten.gif

My mom has a 19 year old Lhasa Apso that is still holding on. This dog has outlived three other dogs in the family, has been hit by a car on a busy highway, and had her long-hair tail caught in an old fashioned floor fan - OUCH! I knew her as pup when I was a freshman in college ... I'm now 37. She was never a friendly dog (snooty/aloof), but I will still miss her.

Funny is`nt it. That people will read a post and decide it`s not what they want to read about, then belittle the person for writing it. I don`t know if some of you realize that these boards are a bit different from what some web-sites offer. Yes, people in the beginning are brought to this site for their love of audio. I can understand ones horror to see posts that look like they have sighed on to CNN or Pet.com. But bare with me here for a minute. After a few posts, some feel as if they have made a connection with others like themselves. This leads to friendships. And friends discuss things. And one thing leads to another and thats how some of these unrelated audio threads start. There are other audio forums out there that discuss nothing, and I mean nothing but audio. So if that`s what one wants, that is where one should go. But here, we are among friends. We first and foremost talk audio. But we are not blind to what`s happening around us, and we may veer off into unrelated audio waters. I click off threads in a heartbeat that I don`t like. I try to not show disrespect toward others on these boards. Never! We can agree to disagree on anything including what should be discussed here on this forum. And in posting your displeasure at our free for alls, you too are guilty of the pleasures of splashing in the unrelated audiotopic waters. Hooray for us all!1.gif

fini

So sorry to hear about your loss. It's a difficult decision to make. My husband and I don't have children, we have cats. They are our children. Black, Earnhardt, Cleo, and Little Baby. All rescues, but we love them just the same.

jt

Very cute kitty cats.

----------------

On 4/24/2003 9:55:44 AM fini wrote:

Unfortunately, we had to put our 16-year-old calico, Ricky to sleep yesterday. Our 14-year-old daughter held her as the light went out. Sad, sad, sad...

fini

----------------

fini, hope she is able to recover from that experiance soon. Must have been very hard for her. 8.gif

Middlecreek - I was trying to figure out a way to express what you so eloquintly said. I came on this site for help not long ago but found it was not another boring, run of the mill audio site and I've enjoyed it ever since. We all have one thing in common, the love of Klipsch speakers, which differentiates this site from most others. As long as topics are stimulating and people remain courteous to one another, I for one don't mind getting off the audio topic to share other thoughts on occasion.

MooN,

Almost funny

What is less is the pencil necks who want to prove someting and go shoot cats then dogs and after humans.

I say anyone who kills for pleasure should be executed,terminated in very painful way in front of his whole family and pals.If they refuse to watch the execuition their eyelids should be held open with metal hooks. 1.gif

The electric chair should be standard in all states and all Canadian provinces.If there is ever a vote for capital punishment I will vote for the ELECTRIC CHAIR.And I am proud to say so

There are too many dangerous criminals who infest the prisons world wide who should be TERMINATED right now.I say TheEAR for prez and then I promise I would clean house in a record setting time.In return the money pit these slimes represent would be closed!

----------------

On 4/25/2003 9:51:47 PM TheEAR wrote:

I say anyone who kills for pleasure should be executed,terminated in very painful way in front of his whole family and pals.If they refuse to watch the execuition their eyelids should be held open with metal hooks.
1.gif

----------------

Right along those lines, check out this article. It basically says that the judge does not require proof as to which of the two snipers fired the shot that killed a person. If there is somebody that deserves what EARs describes above, it is those two bastards - the Washington D.C. snipers. They were killing for the pure pleasure of it, and they were killing people that were doing the most innocent and mundane of things like mowing a lawn, pumping gas, putting groceries in a car, etc.

Having one of those shootings occur less than 1/2 mile from my place was very disconcerting to say the least. I was about ready to leave the area while this was all going on. I was beyond scared, I was terrified - I did not even want to stop to put gas in my car. I ended going to some gas station way out in the boonies away from I-95 and the other major roads to get gas. This was one of those cases where I was glad I was working at a secured government military base - at least at work I felt safe.

It is sad to hear somebody was out popping cats at random. Just as mentioned before, how do you know it may be dogs next time, than perhaps, other humans.

Well, ultimatly, they will have to answer to God, one way or another.

----------------

On 4/25/2003 9:51:47 PM TheEAR wrote:

I say anyone who kills for pleasure should be executed,terminated in very painful way in front of his whole family and pals.If they refuse to watch the execuition their eyelids should be held open with metal hooks.
1.gif

----------------

That sounds fun!

fini

----------------

On 4/26/2003 12:27:13 AM skonopa wrote:

Right along those lines, check out this
. It basically says that the judge does not require proof as to which of the two snipers fired the shot that killed a person. If there is somebody that deserves what EARs describes above, it is those two bastards - the Washington D.C. snipers. They were killing for the pure pleasure of it, and they were killing people that were doing the most innocent and mundane of things like mowing a lawn, pumping gas, putting groceries in a car, etc.

Having one of those shootings occur less than 1/2 mile from my place was very disconcerting to say the least. I was about ready to leave the area while this was all going on. I was beyond scared, I was terrified - I did not even want to stop to put gas in my car. I ended going to some gas station way out in the boonies away from I-95 and the other major roads to get gas. This was one of those cases where I was glad I was working at a secured government military base - at least at work I felt safe.

It is sad to hear somebody was out popping cats at random. Just as mentioned before, how do you know it may be dogs next time, than perhaps, other humans.

Well, ultimatly, they will have to answer to God, one way or another.

----------------

Skonopa, I can relate to everything you said. That incident became very personal for my mom and dad also. My folks live down Route 2 (Washington/Rochambeau route) about six miles south of Fredericksburg. About an hour after the Ashland killing (I think it was Ashland) the snipers traveled down this road. My mom was cutting grass at the time. She was near the mailbox (near the road) when a rather old blue car slowed down to a snails pace NOT 7 FEET FROM HER! Call it intuition, but my mom felt the car was creepy and moved quickly back to the house to tell my dad. He in turn called the sniper hotline and then irrationally got angry with her for cutting grass that didnt need cutting. At the time, the description of a black man driving an older blue car did not fit the profile of a white van and so I assumed my mom was being hypersensitive to the whole situation. She was convinced that was the bad guys I was less than convinced. About three weeks after the snipers were caught, the local sheriff dept came by to get additional information and to tell her that the car she saw was in fact the sniper. It makes me sick to think about it.

I will never second-guess my mom again.

----------------

On 4/26/2003 3:12:37 AM RangerSix wrote:

Skonopa, I can relate to everything you said. That incident became very personal for my mom and dad also. My folks live down Route 2 (Washington/Rochambeau route) about six miles south of Fredericksburg. About an hour after the Ashland killing (I think it was Ashland) the snipers traveled down this road. My mom was cutting grass at the time. She was near the mailbox (near the road) when a rather old blue car slowed down to a snails pace NOT 7 FEET FROM HER! Call it intuition, but my mom felt the car was creepy and moved quickly back to the house to tell my dad. He in turn called the sniper hotline and then irrationally got angry with her for cutting grass that didn’t need cutting. At the time, the description of a black man driving an older blue car did not fit the profile of a white van and so I assumed my mom was being hypersensitive to the whole situation. She was convinced that was the bad guys – I was less than convinced. About three weeks after the snipers were caught, the local sheriff dept came by to get additional information and to tell her that the car she saw was in fact the sniper. It makes me sick to think about it.

I will never second-guess my mom again.

----------------

Holy crap - that creeped me out reading it. Well that explains how they slipped the dragnet that occured right after the Ashland shootings. They must've took RT 301 to rt 17 to Rt 2, thus avoiding I-95 and Rt 1 (The subsequent invstigations and search of the car did turn up road-maps as well as a laptop equiped with GPS unit, both of which have been stolen in a previous crime - so that to me says they have been plotting alternative routes to avoid the interstate). I know of the area where your parents are. They must be just south the GM Plant, there off of Rt 2.

I was at Paramount's Kings Dominion when that Ashland shooting occured, only one exit down. I have eaten at that very Pondorosa on a few occasions. I, along with two of my friends, were directly responsible for the 8 teenagers we had with us as part of a youth group outing we attended at the park. Needless to say, I was very concerned for the saftey of those boys. The police completely shut down I-95, Rt 1, and Rt 301, that night. We could not leave Kings Dominion. The authorities where not letting anybody leave the parking lot. We ended up having to stay at the Best Western right there at the park for the night. That monday at work, I found out one of my co-workers was trying to get back from Richmond that night - and was stuck for more than 10 hours in the traffic on the intersate.

Yeah, never underestimate a mother's intuition 6.gif Somehow, I also think those two snipers were the embodiment of Evil - and part of the reason for your mother creeping out was just from the shear evilness those two must be projecting (kinda like how everyone freaks out when the Ring Wraiths shows up in The Lord of the Rings). I am glad she did what she did and immediatly ran back into the house. Your father berating your mother about mowing the lawn when he felt it did not need it - I also think your dad was just on pins and needles like everyone else here and was genuinely concerned for your mother's safety. Yeah, that whole thing makes me sick thinking about it. TLC just did an episode of "The New Detectives" about the sniper shootings - and it really shed some light as to what just the police where doing behind the scenes about this.

BTW, if you are ever down this way visiting your parents, let me know. I'll have to let you come over and check out my system. Maybe we can also visit a local bar and share a couple drinks and a bite to eat.

mOON,

Nooooooooooooo

I did not know...DUH DOH

You must think TheEAR is a true blue biggot with a massive brain damage to not notice the pic is staged and meant as a joke.

LOL

If I was this wise I would flip burgers at best or mop the floors.And own B0$e (better sales thru brain wash).

skonopa,

I agree about the two snipers,I say ROAST THEM ON THE TEXAS ELECTRIC CHAIR.Have no mercy for slimes who kill for pleasure.If these two monsters do not get maximum punishment then the American justice system is flawed beyond corruption.If there are a few protesters and rioters who want to protest I say use a few M1 battle tanks and disperse them with MAXIMUM FORCE.

Also what makes me sick is when some ignorant biggots say WAR KILLS...LOL What is WAR,who makes WAR...WHO KILLS? Humans do

Or the many who said MINES kill people,duh who made the mines who sold the mines?The families of those who work in bomb/mine production should view pictures and videos of those they ruined lives every day.This way the slimes would stop hiding behind a cheap excuse they have to feed their kids.

----------------

On 4/26/2003 4:19:56 PM TheEAR wrote:

I agree about the two snipers,I say ROAST THEM ON THE TEXAS ELECTRIC CHAIR.Have no mercy for slimes who kill for pleasure.If these two monsters do not get maximum punishment then the American justice system is flawed beyond corruption.If there are a few protesters and rioters who want to protest I say use a few M1 battle tanks and disperse them with MAXIMUM FORCE.

----------------

No need to go to Texas. Virginia is also equiped with an electric chair. In fact, the last execution that just occured a couple weeks ago was by electric chair (the guy being executed asked for the electric chair!). Virginia is only second behind Texas in the number of executions that have been done. The prosecution is pushing for the death penalty for the both of them. I also agree - if they don't get the maximum punishment, there is something seriously wrong with the justice system here.

• 3 years later...