Klipschorn Corner Horn Pricing and Selling Questions?

My father in-law left behind a pair of Klipschorn Corner Speaker System.

Unfortuneatly they don't fit in my home and I need the space in our garage to make way for a baby coming soon. Which means I need to sell them.

How can I find what a fair asking price would be? Any ideas of what these go for? And where would a good place be to sell them? I was thinking Ebay.

They are: Type K-351-LR Style E. Serial number 1337. I took this info from one of the speakers. These guys are about 4' tall. They are white, it looks like they were painted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Al

Are you sure about that serial number ?

The format does not really seem to fit with rest of the description. If it is accurate then those are very early Khorns( early - mid 1950's). Can you post a picture?

Where did you find the serial number ? Was it printed on a paper label glued to the tailpiece or hammer stamped into the tailboard or woofer access door?

Too bad they are painted and you live in CA!!! Someone here will probably make you an offer who lives close enough that they can listen to them. Do they work? A potential buyer will want to know if all the speakers/horns are in working condition. You will need to know that to determine a fair price. If you have any question regarding testing, ask them here and you will be helped.

First Off, Thanks to everyone for helping and sharing your thoughts.

I want to test these speakers out, as I have never heard them. They where in excellent working order when my father in law moved to England, about 4 years ago!

There is speaker wire hooked up to the screws labeled "input". Can this wire be attached to the outputs of my receiver? Or do I need an amp or anything?

Once I determine their working status, I will list them for sale.

I think I pissed off a few neighbors. Just got done with a sound check. Everything works great. Best damn speakers I've ever heard. I wish I never tested them, now I know what I'm giving up. Too bad my liivng room isn't set up for those speakers. Not even my garage is set up right.

Somebody with the time to refinish these is going to be in heaven.

I will probably start new topic listing these for sale.

Tell me about it i have 4, so do a few more here!

Make sure you offer them here first, this is the best place to sell them, and 10 years from now, you will still see them here, and get to see them refinished. this is the most caring place to sell Klipsch!

One again $1,000.00 is a good deal, it depends on how far the paint has stained the wood underneath!

If i were you, id think of selling the house, and getting another, to fit these LOL!

I am in a 2 bedroom modular home, and have 4, are you sure they wont fit in?

Regards Jim9.gif