Another legend passes - David Hafler.

I am saddened to read of the passing of David Hafler. From the unofficial Dynaco web site.

---------------------------------------------------

"It is my sad duty to inform the visitors to this page of the passing of Dynaco's founder, Mr. David Hafler.

Ed Laurent reports that Mr. Hafler died on May 25, 2003 in Philadelphia after a prolonged and debilitating illness. We would like to offer our sympathies and best wishes to his family on behalf of the legion of Dynaco and Hafler enthusiasts worldwide.

Mr. Hafler's vision and hard work brought to life a series of unparalleled hi-fi components and a community of people who truly believed in the ethic of economical and high-quality musical reproduction. His guidance saw the rise and success of audio component kits which equalled the best the industry had to offer, and which still enjoy a high reputation today.

We ask that you take a moment in your own way to reflect on Mr. David Hafler's legacy, and to mark the passing of a true legend in the audio community."

http://home.indy.net/~gregdunn/dynaco/

-------------------------------------------

It's always been my opinion that Hafler had far more influence on the audio business than he was given credit for.

Let's see...I've a Hafler designed preamp, ST-70 amp, two Hafler amibence recovery circuits...

I'll bet few people remember that he actually marketed a DynaQaud unit for car radios. I'll be they are scarce as hen's teeth.

He will be missed.

Dave

This - Like most recent years - has been a sad one - especially for those of us who have been around long enough to have seen the transition from 78's to 45's to LP mono LP stereo to quadrophonic sound back to stereo to multichannel etc.

Every time a legendary musician or engineer or whatsomever passes away we are reminded yet again that it is merely a matter of time before ................

FWIW - I as a certifiable "Old Fart" delight in the fact that I have over the years benefited greatly from the efforts of a multitude of visionaries/designers/engineers whose efforts have enriched my life. In the realm of audio three of the greats passed this year.

RIP - 2003

Paul Wilber Klipsch

Henry Kloss

David Hafler