Pioneer Heresys ???

tony61

oh tony, did not see you were looking to get them, if you want them since you saw them first they are most definately yours. either way I will see if i can visit him to test them for you if you really DO want them.

Tony, email me, either way, at justin@soundwise.org

I would like your eBay name so that I can tell him that you have first dibs over me.

I had a pair of their big brothers once, the CS-901 or something like that. 'Held them for a short time B4 selling them in a few weeks on eBay. Don't get your hopes up for Klipsch-like sound quality. They are not to be confused with Heresys in any way. Sorry to burst your bubble but you may want to research more B4 you jump on them. The cabinets make up most of the weight. For 3 bills you can get something like the JBL L110, which is a great sounding speaker having tight bass and clear mids, a pair of which I have restored and plan to keep for a long time.

Purely my opinion only!

They are actually Pioneer CS Series Speakers. The CS were kind of nice, but definately sounded nothing like a Heresy as K-foot stated.

I still have a pair of CS-88A's from the early 70's just like the ones in the pic below. Mine are 6-way speakers with a 12" woofer, 4 midranges and a Pioneer horn super-tweeter . The crossover panel on the back of each has two 3-position switches for Mid and High ranges. Their Walnut cabinet construction & real wood lattice grills are quite nice. I enjoyed these for many years before storing them.

CS-88A.jpg

• 1 month later...

If you ever owned any of the high end CS series, you know the CS-R700 (102db Sensitivty, and sounds just as nice) could easily hang with a Khorn, Cornwall, or Hersey except I do believe the Khorn can go slightly deeper, however im not sure. I know the long throw 12" woofer on the CS-R700 has good volume and tightness down to around 30-35hz. Anybody who followed audio in the 70's knows how wonderfully detailed and dynamic the R700 was. Truly one of the few jap. speakers worth owning at the time.

I have two CS-R700's. Purhaps once I get a a camera, i'll post some pics.

Now, if you're looking for some good-sounding Pioneers (some of the best) check out the HPM-100's. Here's a shot I took out in my Fortress of Solitude.

hpm-100.jpg

The speakers to the left are Sansui SP-L700's, also nice.

fini