'62 Vert Cornwalls on Ebay

garymd

Here is another shot. If anyone sees anything they like, we can get offline and discuss.

I would like to upgrade to K-horns (corns + $$), or second choice, score another really nice looking late model pair of Las.

Trade anyone?

post-12535-13819248512574_thumb.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to selling the vertical Cornwalls, he is also selling his dad's Cornwall IIs (1990). Hope his dad knows.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14993&item=3037261271

Lee Shannon

Home:

Carver Amp

Carver Tuner

NAD pre-amp

NAD tape deck

NAD CD player.

Thorens turntable

Heresy speakers

Office:

Dynaco FM-3 tube tuner

Dynaco PAS-2 tube Preamp

Antique Sound Lab av-8s tube amps

Cornwall speakers (I spend more time in my office that at home)

Go Video - dvd/CD/mp3 player

Holy cow, his dad will have a fit when he finds out what his son's up to. My Cornwalls technically still belong to my dad up in CT, but since my folks have no room for them in their townhouse, he just gave them to my youngest brother at the time (and later I traded my bro my Magnepans for our dad's Cornwalls, and my bro's as happy as flies on sh1t). I would never sell the family Cornwalls...even after my dear ol' dad has bought the farm, I'll never sell or trade the Cornwalls! If I ever get the opportunity to purchase used Klipschorns, I'll just find another use for the Cornwalls!

----------------

On 7/23/2003 10:52:12 PM garymd wrote:

Hey Jim,

Is that MC2100 permanent? Thought it was a temporary trade with your bro. Just curious.

----------------

It's sort of a permanent trade, I guess. My other brother simply loves the two MC250's bridged to mono for his HT. If he ever does decide to sell his MC2100, then he knows I'm gettin' my MC250 back...period!11.gif

DVois, I will be taking over for Charles on the 68's in RI. If I'm successful on the bidding, Charles will purchase my Corn's in OO. However, I might be interested in trading for your 62's though.

What finish are they? and What's their condition?

The corns came with the risers on them when I bought them. I use them in the upright position mostly. I have laid them down on carpeting on occasion however.

The risers unscrew and can be removed if need be. AS I look at them, they look like a factory job, not some add ons. This comment is based on the heavy dutiness and consistency of the mounting hardware (looks like typical Klipsch stuff) and countersinking bores into the riser woodwork. They are really on there.

Gilbert, my brother in law is the proud new owner of the '68 Verticals. That means I get his newer Cornwall II's from him. Hopefully we can get Fini's Cornwall Vault II up to Boston, MA since the original vault is going to be in for servicing/maintenance. Help!

Sorry, Chris R. looks like they will never see their potential now since they are going to be used in a HT setup with sub-par components by a little ole' company called Krell. Looks like "one of the better posters" wont be enjoying them in his 2-channel setup.

Frozen, congrats to your brother-in-law! I'm sure he'll really love them.

I hope you didn't take my remark to mean they won't sound wonderful in an HT setup. They will! I love mine right where they are. These speakers will rock the house, esp. with some big amps like you have.

My only point was that the best I've heard mine sound was with flea-sized SET amps. They aren't for everybody, surely.

Congrats again, enjoy, and turn up the volume!

Yes, I do agree they would probably leave a much greater impression on you if they were performing by themselves in a nice tube powered 2-channel set up since they would be the only stars in the show.

They will actually be working in conjunction with a pair of '67 Verticals and a pair of '90 Khorns.

One of these days I would like to hear a tube powered system with Klipsch's to see what I may be missing I just have not had the opportunity sorry to say.