I hate my Mother inlaw

I can't stand it anymore, I hate her. My wife lets her control her and my son. Well he realy isn't my son but I think of him as mine. Everytime he goes over there she plays mind games with him. He is about four and half and doesn't understand. My wife just will not stand up to her. I am at my last straw. I have enough stress in my life I don't need more.

Sorry about that I had to vent, I am sure I am not the only one that has problems with there mother inlaw.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either talk to your wife (as in, not a chat, but very serious discussion) about it, and if that doesn't work, kill her 2.gif

Don't let her **** up your kid, that is not cool and she obviously doesn't care about him if she is doing that.

If all else fails, do your best to break off contact/visits, doesn't sound like a good situation, especially for your son.

easylistener,

You are not the only one to dislike the infamous mother inlaw,I should sell you the MISS(Mother Inlaw Super Stunner)study shows it works on 99.5% of mothers inlaw world wide! The .5% are mother outlaws

1.gif

SO do you want my MISS repellant?

Ya that would be great but I know she is on of the .5%. She is the deval. I used to have fun with her when she would try and **** with me, but now she is messing with someone that doesn't understand. She did this with all of her kids and it took me three years to deprogram my wife.

I have no problem with my mother-inlaw but the whole family is kind of nuts. We went to my wife's brother's son's wedding yesterday (her nephew). Because no one on her side of the family was asked to be in the wedding along with seating arrangement problems and way more than I can explain here, we ended up not going to the reception. Now there is this huge bruhaha (sp?) and fight within the family. My wife will never speak to her brother again! You know the story. These are 2 highly educated successful attorneys we're talking about. The worst part is I am supposed to play in a 3 day member/guest golf tounament with him in August on an incredible course I've always wanted to play. If I play, I'm siding against my wife. What a freakin mess. Made for a miserable weekend for us and the kids and I didn't get to play with my new macs because of all this.

Easy,

Sorry to hijack your thread but I can sort of relate to your in-law problems and I needed to vent.

I hate to say it, my mother and mother in law were sweethearts, my ex was the HO, doing "our" babysitters husband...oh yeah....night shift says alot......

OOPS....guess I shouldn't have said that about that wonderful individual.....10.gif

To add, her brother(s) and sister "warned" me not to marry her, she ran away from her 1st husband within 3 days of marriage to TO with another guy.....

or as they say JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY ....

Easy, when we get together for a listen to the 299 we can have a chat about the MILs. I was once in your exact situation and can appreciate what you are going through. Fact is, my MIL now lives with us. Although she has mellowed with age, it is really a difficult position to be in. You will not believe some of the things she said over the years or some of the crap she spread around. I spent years trying to build my wife's confidence and self esteem. It's worse when there are kids and ya know they are going to get an ear full. Hopefully, the Greater Milwaukee group can get together soon. I'll check with JM and we can set a date.

Scott

Yeah Well Whatever ! So Other Than that Mrs. Lincoln what did you think of the play ??

Sounds like rough weather for some of you.

As a former Family Therapist.... I always harped on two points:

This Couple:

Couples are not families regardless of how many children/siblings/parents/pets etc. they enter into the relationship with. If the present family is to survive the couple must come to see themselves as autonomous entities - willingly joined as partners and friends and lovers - If any of those elements are for whatever reason unacceptable then the relationship must be ended sooner than later. Without a solid base the "family" will collapse in any event. A dysfunctional couple can rarely provide leadership to a family.

This Family: If it is to continue The Leaders must learn to operate independantly of the families which produced the constituent parts. If need be the family should move to the Solomon Islands to avoid presures from the in/out/ex's/ex inlaws etc. So long as the care provided to any children is safe and responsible the only input by any relatives outside of the immediate care giving parents must be directed to those parents and no exceptions should be tolerated.

I feel sorry for you. My brother has a mother-in-law from hell. It hasn't helped his marriage out.

FWIW, I've been very happily married for 23 years. I think the fact that we didn't live near either my or her parents for the first 7 years has helped.

So,if you get married, move away for a time. Break the apron strings. It will force you and your spouse to depend on and support each other. oOnce you relationship is fully developed, in-meddling is less troublesome to deal with.

My wife and I started living together in 1973, long before it was acceptable and common. Her mother found out. Strike one. At our wedding reception, I had one or two, or ten too many whiskey sours and told the following joke in front of my mother-in-law: "Did you hear about the new postage stamp commemorating prostitution? It's a ten-cent stamp, but if you want to lick it, it's a quarter." STEEE-RIKE TWO! Except for brief periods of time when we've been in transition, (moving, beween schools, between jobs) over the 27 years we've been married, we've always lived distances from our families measured in thousands of miles. We both love our families, but both recognize the necessity of distance in order to keep peace. Good fences make good neighbors.

Geo1

- love the joke, best I've heard in many a moon.

easy

- check out a thread titled theater equiptment under HT. Try: http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=35313&sessionID={D4DD4BEE-B721-483F-8D24-E93A7A3AE0FE}

I had forgotten about it and it might make you feel better. Get through the first few posts and you will see what I mean. We will do the 299 thing soon. I'll get in touch with JM and we'll pick out a few possible dates.

Ho-boy.....

I (we) would love to have a MIL problem because my MIL is a very kind, sweet and giving person. Now the Dad is another story. I have never seen in my 47 years of life a man that is more obsessed with a Granddaughter than he is. I'm not gonna get into any detail cause it'll just get my blood pressure up, but here's a glimpse...

He has this recliner sitting in a corner that is "his chair" and all around it (floor, both walls, end tables) are pictures of Madison. It's like a friggin shrine. Don't get me wrong, she's a very, very beautiful little girl. But the man can't get through a day without calling my wife and asking how Madison is. And the latest is this digi cam thing he got that allows him to play slide shows of Madison on his TV over and over and over and over and over and over and over......

Shifting gears - I'm not sure if any of you guys know this, but my Ex wife is very very famous. She's where Frigidare originally got cold for their refrigerator!9.gif9.gif

Yeah - I'm sorry to have hi-jacked this thread as well. But I feel better now. 1.gif

Tom