an interesting BOSE INFOMERCIAL analysis.

prodj101

ProDj,

Dont try to teach old dogs new tricks,most B0$e owners and future B0$e buyers are beyond help and should just be put to sleep(no just for a few days,you were not thinking... 6.gif ).

People who enjoy distortion/coloration ladden and detail less sound should be left alone and enjoy the mess they buy.

To each his/her choice

It is obvious that Bose is aiming for the "yuppie" type market - those folks that have more money than sense. Those folks that seems to take form over function as in "Ohh, I am so fashinable, I am so hip - I got BOSE in my house!". Of course, those of us that knows what "real" speakers sound like can only snicker at the doofus. Oh well, I guess whatever floats thier boat.

Kinda remind me of a conversation I had a pool party I was at a few weeks ago. Me and one of the guys got talking about audio and I mentioned my Klipsch. One of the ladies there, overhearing our conversation, told me "I don't like those big ugly speakers in my living room - I'd rather get something like the Bose". We both looked at her, literally biting our tongues. I finally told her that she does not want to know what I really think of Bose. I basically said that I stopped playing with toy cubes when I was a kid, and wanted some "real" speakers with "real" sound. The other guy was just basically shaking his head in agreement (and he even muttered that classic line - "no highs, no lows, it must be Bose"). 11.gif She came back with that "Well, I still don't like those big speakers in my room". I finally mentioned to her that there are plenty of good systems out there besides Bose that are far better in sound quality, and cheaper in price, but still look as sleek and stylish, such as the Klipsch Quintets.

Ohh, I'll have to wear my Klipsch tee-shirt and "Bull$#!+" button that I got from that Indy trip to the local Bose dealership 11.gif.

I have gone numerous times and listened with open ears to BO$E. I find that BO$E products give me a bigtime headache and their prices are out of control. However, their markerting campaigns are second to none.

Notice how few BO$E systems are set up in listening rooms. And NEVER in a postion to do and A/B. They sell most of them on the reputation they made up and give a 30 day money back guarantee. Most people never hear the product until they get it.

I believe the boys at BO$E spend an most of their resources on psychology and patent lawyers.

In conclusion, Im am not a BO$E hater but I can't ignore the man behind the curtain. I look forward to the day they manufacture a product that sounds great for an earthly price.

I have gone numerous times and listened with open ears to BO$E. I find that BO$E products give me a bigtime headache and their prices are out of control. However, their markerting campaigns are second to none.

Notice how few BO$E systems are set up in listening rooms. And NEVER in a postion to do and A/B. They sell most of them on the reputation they made up and give a 30 day money back guarantee. Most people never hear the product until they get it.

I believe the boys at BO$E spend an most of their resources on psychology and patent lawyers.

In conclusion, Im am not a BO$E hater but I can't ignore the man behind the curtain. I look forward to the day they manufacture a product that sounds great for an earthly price.

I dunno, maybe we should look at what Bose is doing right.

Some people have only heard some very poor dormatory systems with inferior speaker systems with poor placement. Or the type of background systems we see in stores with shoe box speakers tucked in corners playing mainstream, old, pop.

Then Bose comes along with little cubes which do fit into a living space, some sort of cheapo sub, a loudness system built in.

This is more a comment that Bose IS a step up from the ordinary. The ordinary is C minus and Bose is C plus. So by some standards, Bose is better.

Gil

My wife used to work for lawyers, one night we were watching tv and a local television advertisement came on for a local law firm. She told me that respectable lawyers don't advertise on television, that a law firm's reputation speaks for itself. Maybe the same applies here.2.gif

ROFL, one time I went to a Bose store here in town. I went in acting like I knew nothing about audio, but wanted to get in audio. The guy came to me trying to say all this crap, has me listening to the "Specialized" rooms setup to try to make their systems sound decent. LoL, I decided to turn on the switch, and challenged the guy...and he was just stunned. I asked why Bose has such a wild frequency response, one of which has peaks/dips of +/- 8-15db! and with sats that don't so below 200hz, rofl he was speechless, and tried to spear uderless crap. LoL they had the manager come over talking how he didn't like my attitude or something, acting up or whatever, I just left. Shows you how ignorant people are.

I am convinced that folks go into an "electronics" store and start looking at speakers, not really doing their homework on acoustics, they stumble around big towers and bookshelfs as I once did, thinking this sounds good, so does this...until they hit the shiny marketing prodigy of a Bo$e display. Neatly set up and oh so small, it sounds the same as the others at such a limited volume (since they can't turn it up) and WOW look at that price tag! We must be at the "high end" audio section. Now this is what real audiophiles buy. The rest is a sad history for those who stop their research and buy what seems to be the best.

I am just glad that I headed into a real specialty audio dealer and ran into the Klipsch name. It just takes time to read, listen, and learn that you should be paying for a superior product, not just a name.

If you are reading this and are worried about dropping some cash for a set of Klipsch's, I am the tightest man around, and the money is definitely well worth these speakers. I have finally found a set that I can afford that I have yet to think "I wish I had something better" I actually came out of a movie theatre this weekend grumbling that my HT was better that that crap they had behind the screen. I vowed to wait till movies hit DVD rather that sit through a torture session put on by those bad speakers. 14.gif

We are talking about an alarm clock radio here?? The thing I whack several times each morning while my girl friend is telling me sweet things like "don't forget to pick up some milk"??

I'm sure it sounds better than my Walmart special... and it would be kinda fun whacking a Bo$e every morning... If only they wouldn?t price everything in Yen 9.gif

I have heard you can upgrade and get a cd player built right in! ...and to think I bought all those seperates and speakers when I could have gotten it all in one slim plastic case.

You don't even need speaker wire or cables!!! I am a sucker...what was I thinking? 3.gif

RF3 II

RC3 II

RS3 II

SVS 20-39PC+ (T-minus 36 hours)

Denon AVR 2803

----------------

On 8/5/2003 8:18:25 PM jt1stcav wrote:

Bose owners are a hopeless lot.

----------------

Not always.. I am a recovered Bose guy. I had to re-listen to every one of my CDs after I got my klipsch reference line. I even enjoy music again. Like many people, i bought into the hype of walking into the sound room for those Bose demonstrations at Fry's Electronics. They should be sued for fraud becuase they claim that all is in that room is a lifestyle system. What we don't see is the 30K worth of EQ equipment to make it sound that good. Still for the next day I need to promote bose since my acousticrap is still for sale on Ebay.. poor sucker buying them doesn't even know what he is getting into.

James

A few points:

* that article made me laugh by the time I got to the sixth paragraph

* has anyone inquired into whether the author got a stipend from Bose for writing that tripe?

* Herbie Hancock is an amazing musician -- it's unfortunate that he's getting associated w/ Bose

* I would not have any real gripe w/ Bose if they cut their prices by 50-60% to reflect the lower quality design and performance. That Bose overcharges dramatically is the real injustice to ill-informed consumers -- but, then again, let the buyer beware (of Bose, that is!)

* Klipsch Quintets are so dramatically better than the Acoustimass systems that it is not even worthy real debate -- and I'm not just saying that b/c it is a Klipsch forum

WTF???

Read this line from the article: "That said, the radio costs $349. How do you sell it? First, you get Herbie Hancock, legendary jazz musician and approachably lovable black guy, to be your pitchman"

"... approachly lovable black guy"?????

I'm not black, but even I'm offended -- what's with playing the race card? Is William Shatner a "gregarious, overacting white Canadian guy" for doing travel.com ads (or whatever the hell he pushes in those commercials)? Who cares what colour Herbie Hancock is?