Who wants to compare grain?

RobBeam

Thanks for the compliments. I was going to school and selling klipsch at a high end store part time when they stopped doing the exotic wood options. I'd always wanted a pair of the ebony fortes and called hem up when I found out they wouldn't be doing the special orders any longer. They had the last pair left and, at my request, took them out of the boxes and put a new inspection sticker on that Paul and the other two inspectors had signed.

Gary ... your speakers look great. When I was selling klipsch we had samples .. about 5 x 7 inch ... of the exotics above the door in the listening room. In the small sample size the zebra was completely unimpressive but when you add the real estate it's really lovely (wanted to think of a more manly word but that's the one that first came to mind).

This is something else that you can try with your Klipsch Heritage. You can customize the finish and truly create a one of a kind look. I chose a lighter finish to match my home decor. They are at home now in my Lower Level.

They have the Type 'A' Crossovers that I also built. They are powered by the

2A3 Welborne Labs Moondogs and they sound pretty fantastic!

finished%20belles.jpg

Thanks garymd!

Yes I posted these pictures last Spring when I finished them and Yes I did refinish them. They had a darker stain and black grill cloths.

I just sanded off the old stain and finish and put 3 coats of satin Poly on the wood. I picked out a grill cloth that matched the cane variety. I did not want to use real cane however. Trey Cannon told me that it is a ***** to work with and get straight. So I opted for a regular acoustic grill cloth in a lighter color.

Just a lot of elbow grease. The only tricky parts are trying not to sand through the veneer and losing your mind when pulling all the staples off the old grill cloth9.gif

Rob-

As a Forte lover, those are great looking speakers. I've never seen that veneer before and it looks incredible. When did you talk Klipsch out of that pair? Gotta love those exotic finishes.

Gary-

Sorry about the pics of your Cornwalls. When I took them, we didn't have much natural light left, so the no-flash pics are kinda dark and the ones with the flash really are too bright to show the beautiful colors. So, I'll be happy to come down again and take better pics if you audition the Mac gear! 9.gif

Rob,

I forgot to memtion they were your pics. You're right though. They look much better in person although I thought your pics overall were really good. That ebony certainly has personality I must say!

Where's tigerwood khorn? His are pretty sweet also.

Gary-

Not a problem. Just let me come back down and I'll do better, I promise! 2.gif I'll just have to enjoy my OO HT and walnut/cane K-horns and not dwell too much on lovely exotic veneers. Besides, as was said earlier, I close my eyes alot, so the finish isn't too big a deal.

jhawk92,

It was whenever they stopped offering the exotic finishes ... thinking 84ish.

You did a beautiful job on the Belles Cut-Throat ... in the next year or two I want

to do a very through refinishing of them which would involve some sanding and but

was afraid of screwing up the veneer not knowing what I was doing.

Used a 3 step Homer Formby kit that did an amazingly good job considering cost

was 17 bucks and about 1.5 hours of my time then drying overnight. Still have enough

stuff to do another piece of furniture if I want to as well.