Who needs an academy?

easylistener

If there is enough of you guys that need one or two, I maybe able to make some. My father is very good at woodworking and I can do the wiring and placment of speakers. We are always looking for projects we can do together. I have talked to him already and he is game, but he wants to know how many are needed. He would like enough to make it worth while to do.

I have read the threads on this forum and I thing a couple of guys have hinted that they would like someone to help them out. Who needs one and would be willing to buy one?

Just a thought that my father and I have had.

The price depends on what type of wood you want. I am in the process of building one for a friend that has fortes. I am making it out of 3/4" mdf. I got all of the speakers from ebay. I haven't realy decided on a final price. I was hoping that enough guys would want one and the more there are the less the price. This is because it will be easyer and faster to make multi's.

I would be interested in a custom HERITAGE center to match my Cornwalls. I currently use a Heresy, but I've seen folks on this forum who have made custom cabinets using Heresy parts...this is what interests me...not an Academy which isn't as good of a match.

Perhaps those who have made them can share some design suggestions...squaker over tweeter with a woofer on each side?

I have a WS55" RPTV and I don't want it taller than a Heresy is wide.

You might want to make a prototype first and post it so prospective buyers could see it first hand. (I have seen a few homebrews on these and other groups that lack in the appearance department. Not that you aren't skilled, but reality is not relative.) Secondly, find a few unbiased sources for testing and post the results. If you are going to sell a speaker, buyers will probably want to see some specs and graphs before you find yourself with 10-15 returned units. Also, I wonder if Klipsch may have something to say about copying and selling knock-offs.

Well then maybe the good folks at Klipsch should build a damn center for all the Heritage using folks, there is obviously a market for it! Since the Heritage line is still being produced and people are using them for their Home Theater why the hell not! If not, I don't see a problem with folks helping other folks in building an Academy center. If you use the exact dimensions, the identical woofers and tweeter purchased from Klipsch, and build the crossover according to the schematic I would expect nothing less than Klipsch like performance add a banana input plug and your done. This is not rocket science or brain surgery here folks.

First off I am not doing this for a buis. I am only doing this to help some friends out. I have seen a lot of people here that want this speaker.

If klipsch doesn't want me to make a DIY center speaker with there drivers, than they can chime in here and I won't.

I am in the process of getting prices for the drivers. If you want to have a differnt center let me know what drivers you want and if I can find a demnsion then I can figure out how big the box will have to be. I am in school now and my have to wait intill the weekend intill I get to all the stuff together. I will have the drafted plans by monday. I am a mechanical design major so designs are my thing.

Ok guys I have finished the plans for the center speaker. I have it all drawn out as a blue print. I am waiting until my friend gets his scanner working to show everybody. If we can't get it to work I will be mailing them out to everybody to let them see if it ok. Please send me your addresses only if you are serious about buying.

I too don't understand why Klipsch is not making a center for all of the heritage owners. If they built one in a 3 way configuration and could keep up with the heritage line they would have a real winner, not to mention lots of sales. I, like many others were forced,to an extent to build my own. I built mine in the same tradition as the heritage line using top quality products and lots of love. Plus I built mine for less then what any Acadamy is going for these days and it will the Acadamy's butt.

But hey, that's my 2 cents

Scooter

post-8797-13819248866336_thumb.jpg