Need some encouragement from my fellow Klipsch-aholics

whell

I may take the plunge on some RF-7's from a local seller. Price isn't too bad, when compared to new. I really want them to add to the enjoyment of 2 channel, but these would also allow me to move my current RF-3's to the rear channel. Rear channel duties are currently being carried out by RB-5's, which could possibly replace an RC-3, and give me a 2 speaker center channel option (I'd sell the RC-3).

Help me Obiwan!

Why mess around? Buy the damn things. It's only money and ole DEan-O will by a second pair for his garage if you balk after time. I dont know what you're looking for coming here but if it's strength to get you to hold strong, I doubt it's coming. Again, it's only ducats. Bust out of your quagmire and take the plunge. You're making me dizzy.

I remember one time many, many years ago when my wife returned from a business trip to Akron, OH and walked into our living room where she found two ancient Altec VOT speakers--they were the ugliest things you've ever seen--it looked like they had been painted with a broom and house paint SEVERAL times. Her only comment was "do you think they're big enough?" I was only "borrowing" them for a listen and they were gone in a couple of days, but I can honestly say that if I had decided to keep them I'm sure there would have been quite a "discussion." But hell, I thought they were butt-ugly too!

You should absolutley buy the speakers.

You definitely need to get those, they have better low end extension for music and movie reproduction, either the RBs or RFs can be used for either the rear or center channel reproduction, which you currently dont have, so see, honey, I I mean, we, WE need these babies to complete the whole Alanis Morrisette concert experience!

(bigger is better with horns)2.gif

Whell, what are you waiting for? :)

Something to consider is that Klipsch is presently giving the RF-7 a work-over. I'm looking forward to the shored up motorboard and the other positive changes. I also have this deep in my gut feeling that the loons are working on an RF-9.

Flynn:

I'll likely take the plunge today, and purchase the RF-7's. I even have concurrence from the spouse! I don't think that I will be getting the green like on any other purchases for at least a year, so I'll have to "make due" with the Marantz for a while longer.

I already have a turntable, though. That was an "influence buy" last year, and the buzz about vinyl in this forum and elsewhere prompted me to search out and pick up a Thorens TD-145. Got that on the cheap from someone who had it sitting unused. It even had a Shure V15 III on it, with a like-new stylus. Just needed a little TLC to restore it. Here's my "other" system:

Klipsch KG-4's, Marantz PM7000 Integrated, Thorens TD-145, Yamaha T-85 Tuner.

Incidentally, the KG-4's were "garbage picked". As I was driving home from work, I came across a jilted lover who was carrying her partner's perfectly good stereo equipment out to the curb on garbage pick up day!!

It is tough to sneak in a tube amp. It is the glowing tube thing.

Unless you find one on garbage day.

Craig says some late 50s and early 60s console stereos, when disected, have pretty good tube amps just to wet your whistle.

SR-19 should have pre outs if you find an old power amp.