Don Garber

Deang

Cool thread with good posts.

I remember reading that article before Kelly. I'm almost sure you had a link here for that one some time in the past. An interesting read.

Someone said the amp was ugly -- I don't know why exactly, but I can't quit looking at the damn thing.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 9/5/2003 11:54:16 PM mobile homeless wrote:

Lord have mercy, get your priorities straight! VSAC or NYC...hmmmm let me see. A tough call.

YOU ARE CRAZY! I would take one week in NYC over 6 VSAC! Lord....

I will SAVE YOU A TRIP! SEE BELOW

If you still remain curious, there is no hope...

kh

----------------

Jeezus...

Now I suddenly remember the meaning of my moniker.

----------------

On 9/5/2003 11:49:06 PM mike stehr wrote:

Jeff,

Have you tried any 45 circuits with the FR speakers you have?(AER?)

And if you had, you still had problems with the amps/amps pinching and running out of steam?

What speakers are friendly with the little 1.5 watt tube?

Lowther?

I thought those Magnaquest OPT's looked different.

----------------

I have lived with on 45 SET amp for about one year. They did run out of steam pretty fast with my AER. It was a bit better when I had the Reps R-1 but I couldn't stand the emphasis on details these drivers had.

For a 45 I would seek something above 104 dB if the goal is to have them full range. The more efficient Lowther might be something to try but Lowthers are not for everyone. Well at least not me after living with the DX-2, EX-2 and PM2A.

----------------

On 9/6/2003 12:38:00 AM tbabb wrote:

Jeff, I'll give you this. You don't look like the typical triode geek.

I thought this was you?

- tb

----------------

Never saw that guy in this ugly shirt before...

Though the feminine hand pushing the belly in definitively ring me a bell...

To see me check the attached picture!

post-11019-13819249062516_thumb.jpg

Wine, Oh yes wine. Do you carry enough onhand for visits from Kelly? I would hide the good stuff if I were you. I do enjoy a good glass of red wine along with some Holly Cole.

The "T" shirt however is very subjective taste. Heh. Well, at least your not wearing stripes!

Quebec has some wonderful real estate and is quite a beautiful area as I understand.

-tb

Not sure. I've tried it when I was in Montreal. Don't remember the exact taste, but It was good.

> BTW, The "Belle Gueule" is available in the US?

Montreal has to be one of my favorite cities as well. I would put it in the Top 10 easily, and Top 5 in North America. Head up there in the early fall or late spring/early summer and it's a great place to visit with good food, music, and 24 hour feel. Stay at a neat Bed and Breakfast in the Plateau Mont-Royal and you are in for a treat. It's inexpensive and beautiful with some culture and style.

BTW, Stripes have been problems for some time...

garber_wright.jpg

In comparison, Jeffus looks rather "HIP" as far as he knows... Poor bastard must have

searched an hour to find that pic. Nice shirt - perhaps B&W next time? Heh...

jeffus_pistols.jpg

kh

----------------

On 9/6/2003 8:36:32 AM mobile homeless wrote:

Montreal
has to be one of my favorite cities as well. I would put it in the Top 10 easily, and Top 5 in North America. Head up there in the early fall or late spring/early summer and it's a great place to visit with good food, music, and 24 hour feel. Stay at a neat Bed and Breakfast in the Plateau Mont-Royal and you are in for a treat. It's inexpensive and beautiful with some culture and style.

BTW, Stripes have been problems for some time...

kh

----------------

You scoop me from two minutes on these pictures...

I'm so sad that nobody but the "squeegees" at the traffic lights near my place undertstand the beauty of this shirt.

Not even Ole Nancy...

Montreal is a marvelous city indeed.

Meaning they dont know the shirt's reference??? I used to see that album quite often in the used bin and I even think it was reprinted a while ago. It's definitely a must have for the beauty AND for the lovely 3-D imaging. Have you ever heard Johnny Rotten "float" in a good setup? When you hear the line "there is no future" it gives you chills...heh, indeed.

OF course3, now any dullard can pick up a copy of the new DVD. YEp, they were man-made...but it was fun while it lasted. And it's now lasting TOO LONG! See below!

jrboston2_c.jpg

What is even MORE twisted, however, is they have reformed minus the great Sid Vicious (now Matlock, bass player BEFORE Sid ironically enough), and are on TOUR in the US. This could be horror. They were just on the Jimmy Kimmel show (lord) on the 4th. GOOD LORD. This might be an embarrassment... It appears the opening in BOSTON was a hit, however. They should have left it alone since SID was so damn important in that original mess.

See Boston review - Can you imagine the typical jackdaws at these shows?

Sex Pistols in Boston

kh

I saw the Sex Pistols at Winterland in 1978. The highlight happened when Sid Viscious swung his bass like a cricket bat and hit some fool under the chin who was attempting to scramble onto the stage. OUCH! These guys were the WORST musicians I have ever seen headline a concert, especially Mr. Viscious who I'm sure was a MUCH better cricketer than bassman--he never left the E string all night and seemed to be hitting it open most of the time.

As far as THEATRE goes, is was a gas, however.

Allan, who have you NOT SEEN???? Lord. The Sex Pistols BARELY made it through part of that first US tour...

Have you seen "Thinking Fellers Union Local 282" one of the best bands from the San Fran area?

kh

ps- I thought the Sex Pistols were actually ALL YOU REALLY NEED to be good rock musicians. I would rather see Jones rip some of this mess than 3/4 the arena rock clowns with overblown solos.

Jones was the only guy who had a clue. I agree with you--the Sex Pistols were WAAAAAY more interesting than Journey or Starship or even Foghat (arrrrrgh)! At least they had something to say, even if they weren't all that articulate. Anyone who could sing "Belsen was a gas . . . " and "Holidays in the sun" has MY vote. But as far as punk rock is concerned, give me Johnny Thunders any day singing one of the most tender ballads of the 70's, "You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory," now THAT'S punk at its best!

I think Jeff could get in trouble wearing that shirt in Quebec City or Montreal on Saint Jean Baptiste Day, too significant a tie to the monarchy 2.gif Besides, the Language Police would require him to change it, the English on it has to be a lot smaller than the French. Although some FLQ and separtist members might prefer the Sex Pistols' version of God Save the Queen.

9.gif

----------------

On 9/6/2003 10:54:13 AM Dflip wrote:

I think Jeff could get in trouble wearing that shirt in Quebec City or Montreal on Saint Jean Baptiste Day, too significant a tie to the monarchy
2.gif
Besides, the Language Police would require him to change it, the English on it has to be a lot smaller than the French. Although some FLQ and separtist members might prefer the Sex Pistols' version of God Save the Queen.

9.gif

----------------

Language police is not to active in Quebec City don't worry. It sad that they went for such stupid cases in Montreal, particularly this poor West Island plummer that had his truck confiscated. Their lack of common sense actually had a perverted effect on the Bill 101. This bill had valid reasons, from a francophone perspective at least. Sadly the language police being as stupid just enraged the anglophones in Montreal by their nit-picking. Of course the rest of the anglophones of Canada jumped in the debate.

Of course the medias picking up these silly examples and letting the impression than every anglophone owned boutique, shop etc. was closely monitored by scrupulous Nazi policeman (which case it wasn't) didn't help either.