Don Garber

Deang

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is classic ! How could we possibly get better proof of the prevalence of forum members stricken with ADD LOL !!

Kelly,

I would absolutely love a CD of your favorite Jazz tunes. I've always loved the Big Band & Swing era from my Dads influence but have never been exposed to really good Jazz I bet I would love that also ! Stay on Task Dean and I could both use are musical tastes broadened !

Craig

Ouch... That really hurt.... Well, anyway, I've given up on them and I'm listening to Steve Perry instead.

tb

>What?

> Christ, everybody knows the best album ever is Pomp >and Pipes!

>I've look for a shirt of the marvelous album but could >never find one. I had to settle for Never Mind the Bollock.

----------------

On 9/7/2003 5:27:26 PM tbabb wrote:

Ouch... That really hurt.... Well, anyway, I've given up on them and I'm listening to Steve Perry instead.

tb

----------------

Two other great Perryesque bands you might consider:

Foreigner

REO Speedwagon

These bands can give Pomp and Pipes a run for its money

I have been out of town for a few days at a place called Pawleys Island enjoying the fruits of Henri. Some day my boat will make it to the sea.

This thread took an interesting turn - some of the Starship comments were amusing. Jefferson Airplane at least had some sort of grit and substance. Starship? The name change says it all.

Liked Robinson's comparison between the all time classic Belushi moment with the acoustic guitar "tuning." If I could only live up to 1/4 of the beautiful timing of that moment. Animal House had one of the all-time great scripts.

As for the jazz CD, I need to make at LEAST three of these for Dean, Craig, and Ken Johnson, who I promised this AGES ago. COme to think of it, I made ole Chris a few CDs and they are still sitting here along with his TT22 tubes! Poor loon.

I am surprised that no one mentioned the lovely appearance of Garber and Wright. I thought that would have brought a few comments here and there. Even Jeff's glasses escaped a crack. What is happening to this place?

kh

----------------

On 9/6/2003 1:58:07 PM fini wrote:

Thank you, Gary!! Have you gone in the past? Sounds like a good place to get an education. I plan on tasting Sonoma County's finest at
, happening that same weekend. Anyone need corks for their Cornwalls? I can already taste that Dry Creek Zin...

fini

Hi fini,

Sounds like a good time! As a matter of fact, I've been to all three of the VSACs. What I didn't know when I went to the first one was that by the time the second came around I would have moved to Silverdale! It wasn't the reason I moved here, but it is handy living less than two miles from the venue. The strange thing is that any time I happen to walk into the Silverdale Red Lion Hotel, a part of me expects VSAC to be going on...

Hope you can make it next time, it has been growing steadily and this year's VSAC has actually outgrown the hotel! I'm not sure if the next one will be in Silverdale, though.

Gary Dahl

Welp, that appears to be it in a Nutshell!

progressive_engineering_vsac2.jpg

In all honesty, if any of you loons are actually out in that corner of the world come October and are interested in anything TUBE related, you do owe it to yourself to attend this event. I have never attended but manage to get the play by play from various sorts from exhibitors to Malcontents (both attending in full). There seems to always be a lot of cutting edge stuff going on at the VSAC. The list of characters is growing. A few years back, Josh Stippich and his estoric tube art made the splash and there is always some new design/vantage point to buzz the show.

I have to say a word about my ole cohort Mike Paschetto who is bringing Progressive-Engineering's THE TURNTABLE to the affair. He'll be in Doc's Bottlehead room providing the analog source. If there, give him some lip and ask him if he happens to have a "Linn felt mat" around so you can hear his table. Heh...

kh

ps- Inquire about his "taxi drag car" horror if up to it.

----------------

On 9/6/2003 4:25:14 PM painful reality wrote:

----------------

On 9/6/2003 4:01:03 PM Chris Robinson wrote:

This thread is one of my favorite of all time.

Jeff, really nice to see you posting now that the PhD is a slam dunk. You have so much to add to this place, and the chemistry you have with you know who just makes these threads rock.

1 + 1 = 3

----------------

PhD ain't really slam and dunk yet but getting close to...

1 + 1 = 3.2125325 to be more precise (from the results of my distinct elements numerical modelling).

I wish I would have turned left or right at these crucial moments you refered earlier. Sadly I kind of went straigth ahead in each of these moments.

----------------

PR: Idle curiousity, what field and what subject have you chosen to do your dissertation?

----------------

On 9/8/2003 7:24:13 PM mobile homeless wrote:

In other words, a bunch of horriyingly dull crap that will land him in Mormonville, Utah causing him to crave a 440v cattle prod to the side of his skull... Poor bastard.

----------------

Elder Jeff ringing on your doorbell Sunday morning soon...

----------------

On 9/8/2003 7:44:30 PM bkrop wrote:

Fluid dynamics or more metalurgy?

----------------

More like mining in drill some holes, stick some dynamite and then rush for the exit sense. It's metallurgy at its crudest form let say.

But my work involve flow of granular material mainly so I'm "hi-tech" for a mining engineer.