Are there any Authorized online Klipsch dealers?

HT Rookie

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and no.....there is good guys but they only sell in their region of USA....WEST COAST......so they sell online but in their area only....

Send Klipsch customer service an email and ask them.....they will list a few others as well...

Good Luck

Internet "stores" dump stock close to cost and destroy the market for real stores.

Klipsch and other companies must support real stores and service,to hell with online dumping.

Way to go Klipsch

High-End by definition cannot work without serious stores where you can listen and compare.Those who work mail order only are not into High End.Plain and simple

Who will buy a Krell or Mark Levinson online and not try it first? A fool

REAL STORES??......Damn Ear, your pretty brutal to the On-line sellers with REAL STOCK. If it was'nt for online stores (like Downtown Audio), the local Krell dealer here in Tulsa would have drained my wallet for an unnecessary $3500.00. And that was on the Krell stuff alone. Thanks to online sellers, I also saved a bundle on a Monster power conditioner and Denon DVD player. Savings there added up to about $1000. That's no small change either.

I say screw the REAL STORES that sells everything at retail. Sink or swim baby; If you want my money, you better drive the price down and come back to planet earth, because I don't have $3500 or even $100 to waste or give away to a REAL STORE retailer. I work damn hard for my money, and the money I saved on these purchases bought me plenty of Klipsch Heritage. 6 cornwalls and a sizeable payment on a pair of Khorns to be exact. And none of the stuff I purchased is mediocre, especially not the KLIPSCH.

Personally, I prefer to use quotes from online sellers to force the local retailer back down to earth. When the salesman trys to counter by bringing up shipping cost, just through sales tax at him/her.

Without online sellers, you might as well just bend over and hand the salesman your vaseline 6.gif, because he won't use his.6.gif6.gif

Gilbert,

Not my fault you cannot get a great deal in a real store,I sure do not overpay.Only clowns pay retail,I know pretty much the real costs and let the store know and then make them fold like an acordeon.

And besides where is the good warranty with the online "store"? LOL You send your gear in and you pay,I get a fast replacement and pay ZERO extra.When I change my mind I return the gear even after 30 days have passed and can take new gear to test and pay ZERO while testing.Try this with any online "store" a glorified warehouse and NOTHING MORE.

The truth hurts

1.gif

Ear...

I see you point, however sometimes, I have found it useful to have a online store.

For instance, there were nobody local that had the AVR I wanted, so I bought it online. What can you do?!? I did a search for my zip code on the Pioneer website. There were NO dealers around.

Pioneer has authorized online dealers but nobody to sell the "Elite" line. Sears? Best Buy? Circuit City? Not for the Elite line.

I did the only thing I could do, get it from a "online warehouse" you are so against.

Did I purchase the AVR unheard? Yes. how did I know it was right for me? I really didn't. I have heard and seen some of the older P.E. and was impressed enough to want to go that route. I looked at the specs and it was everything I wanted in a system. Ultimately, I was happy enough to get another system from the same manufacturer.

Some people will just not have a local dealer and it that sense, its good to have online dealers. Also favorable reviews help ease the decision and saving a few bucks.. is still saving a few bucks.

My brother in Maine was interested in Klipsch. Having checked the website, his closet dealer is like 122 miles away. Most dealers are 150 miles away. When he comes out to visit me, he will check out my klipsch reference speakers. Say he likes them, what is he going to do? Of course he is going to order them online.

I am lucky to live in California where Good Guys and Best Buy keep klipsch in stock all the time. However, with those large retailers, they rarely budge on prices, so you *DO* end up paying retail unless you go online most of the time. Some managers at Good Guys will haggle (usually the token 10% off, which is the same as the sales tax in this state), but often not, they won't budge unless you bring them something to price match. Best Buy will never budge. So not paying retail like you mention is not possible here.

Remember, in the Bay Area California, you have three choices for Klipsch. Good Guys.. a large West Coast chain, Anderson's TV, a large Bay Area chain, and Best Buy, a large USA chain. There is no Local dealer where you can develop a relationship with and get fair prices from.

Well right now Klipsch is doing a very poor job of supporting the B & M stores in Florida. Right now according to the website I have no authorized dealers within 50 miles of me and the metro area population here in Jacksonville is nearly 1 million.

Fortunately I was able to complete my upgrade from the Synergy speakers I had to the Reference before it was too late.

Not being in the audio business nor having any connectionsin the business i was completely disgusted with the way I was treated by the "experts" or "professionals".

I mentioned this in another post on this forum a while back. About a year ago when I first started into this hobby i went into Boston looking for options. I never heard of Krell, Mcintosh, Klipsch and so on. I did not have $20k to drop and did not pull up in a BMW or Mercedes. 4 stores same treatment. yet these are the same people complaining about the on line hackers taking business away from them.

I wasn't looking for freebies but assistance in making the right and affordable choice. I have no problem spending cash and paying for those hours the salesperson would spend helping me. this should be very obvious by the number of times I have had to change my profile from constantly upgrading or changing electronics. After the fourth ICE COLD reception I threw the towel in and hit the net.

tweeter wanted $4500 for the pioneer 49. Got them down to $4100. An authorized dealer who I met on line same unti with shipping $2850. Pioneer 47ai Tweeter $925 same on line dealer $725.

I fully understand both sides of the argument. But why would I be willing to fork over more of my hard earned money to someone who would no sooner piss on me if I was on fire or take the time to help me make the right purchase.

I wasn't looking for someone to kiss my butt but I was looking for someone to tell me the difference between thx and thx ultra without looking at me like I had horn sticking out of my fore head. All they had to do was throw me a bone. Instead they threw me the cold shoulder.

Not all sales people are the same and I know that. but I can't spend every day that I have off driving around MA, CT, NH, and RI looking for them. If They wanted my measlely $8000 they would have been more helpful.

I live in Massachusetts and if there is a salesperson that is willling to help and assist their customers, drop me a PM, let's talk.

Sincerely

Scott

Please do not take my posts the wrong way

When there are no local dealers the online store or e-store is a life saver.Not many have time to look for and then drive miles and miles to finally buy speakers.

And its sad a few audio shops have clowns who pretend to be audio experts and who could dont know how to guide the new customers.

But when I find a good store with competent people who provide first class service I will support them and not use them as listening room only.Those who only profit and audition gear most of the time and buy it online without deaing at the store dont deserve any right to audition any gear.Some are just cheap bastards who deserve to buy damaged goods and then return the gear and PAY shipping.And wait

I buy online when I cannot get a good deal at any local audio shops or if the brand is DIRECT SALES,like SVS.

And I buy American and Canadian gear first(ALL MY AMPS ARE AMERICAN AND CANADIAN ONLY MADE IN NORTH AMERICA),I support the local economy.Not some fast growing stink hole.

Plain and simple

Clark, I'm a structural engineer.

--------------------------------------------------------

EAR, I got an excellent deal on my system, and I did'nt even pay tax. I purchased my system from a local seller, Ulitimate Electronics. The only reason I purchased it from a local seller is because I was worried about possible warranty related problems. When an audio system's cost exceeds the $10,000 mark, you damn sure better consider warranty hassels.

And if you think you can intimedate a high-end audio retail store by just walking in and spouting off prices, your full of it. You'll have to substantiate your claims before they'll even budge.

Speaking of substantiating evidence,.... How do you know what the real cost of audio equipment is? Did you surf the net of online sellers,.... or do you work in the audio industry or related field?

I would love to hear your opinion (or more realistically, Your Guess) at what the real..actual MARK-UP is on high-end audio equipment.

Full of it,me! Really,interesting who told you this?

Yes I worked in audio,and have good connections.And many audio shops know me,some see me as a savior who buys with no end others hate me.Listen I HAVE THE MONEY...they NEED THAT MONEY ..to...SURVIVE. If people like us dont buy they die.Simple

SO

As long as the demand is realistic and fair to both sides it works,and this is the bottom line.

I mean one store said NO each time I asked to get the item tax in.So about a year later I walk in and guess what they had a sale on this amp,they CRACKED.I told the owner I would not buy it even if it was reduced to below cost.Screw them,they play stiff they lose in the end.

No need to say the store is now CLOSED. LOL

In the end its the customers who make or break a store.Tell me this is bull,please do.

It is quite obvious the hi end store I check out have enough business that my leaving did not bother them. But what they fail to realizes is that when I found great prices on the web I will tell and recommend those sites to everyone that asks.

Many of us do not have "contacts". And as someone else mentioned on line sales helps negotiate better prices for certain things. If the place says they can't compete, I say oh well thanks anyway. Pioneer 49txi MSRP $4500; haggled price retail $4100; Internet $2800.

If I went into a local store and I bought 5 things for $4000 and they threw in some speaker wire, they would make a big deal of it.

BUT if I can get the same items for $2500 on line (without the haggling). I'll buy my own damn speaker wire and void the manufacturers warranties for the shiesters Inc warranty.

Beside who wants to spend countless hours haggling over a piece of over priced electronics in the first place.

Put a fair price on the darn tag in the first place and things will sell themselves. When I bought my truck it was done over the internet. Truck was nearly $29k sticker, one email to 12 differnet dealers listed in the TO: box resulted in the same truck for $23.9k. Most gave me a starting price which was higher than the firm price, only one gave me a firm price. I wonder who got my money.

I truly feel more and more people will turn to companies like SVS and av123 for their speakers/subs. More for the dollar.

This is why I work in the semiconductor industry and not sales.

----------------

On 9/16/2003 9:01:43 PM Gilbert wrote:

Clark, I'm a structural engineer.

--------------------------------------------------------

----------------

Look, the only reason I ask is because I think a lot of folks around here have a real bias against those in sales. Obviously, I am in retail. Some people walk through the door and show me absolutely no respect from square one. They think we can't compete with the chain stores (we can and do). They think we can't do a better job at service (we can and do). I'm not going to argue the point about all of your specific examples here. You make very valid points.

However, the general tone of discussions regarding salesmen is pretty bigoted on this forum. Our job IS to maximize profit for our employers. The good ones among us realize there is a balance to be attained between margins and volume. If we do not strike an acceptable balance between these two, our company will not be around long. The company that I manage has been in business for 50 years. We ARE in it for the money. Plain and simple. We recognize that part and parcel of profitability is NOT trying to screw the customer and being competitive in the marketplace. I love when somebody walks through my door with a Best Buy or Sears ad. I close that customer about 80% of the time. About 15% of the time, they're not listening. The other 5%? I must have had Greek for lunch!!

I know that none of your comments were directed at me. Gilbert, I'll apologize for calling you out personally (whether you were offended or not). I should have just written this in general response. Onine retailers have their place. I myself buy from them. I can't find anyone to sell me good quality film locally, so I order from B&H in NYC. My point is, though, that the verbage used such as "throwing it in his face" about shipping costs reveals a real animosity towards real people that I don't think is generally justified. Good sales personnel are there to sell you the product that is RIGHT for you, not just take an order.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price has faded."

I am a salesman but not of audio gear.....I know what it takes....but in my industry 75% of sales comes from having the best price as everyine is out for more profits and they do this by having less expensive goods so they can maintain pricing yet reduce costs.....

customers ultimately will determine the market....if enough buy online and do not visit local places then these local places either die or change their business to give the customer what he wants.....

Online businesses has done some good things and bad things....look at the info available when buying a car....heck in 3 seconds you have dealer invoice.....wherer was this in the 80's.....non existant...so now the customer has become more informed and business need to be smarter more efficient to stick around and be in business next year....

If the difference in price is drastic then locals will die.....when the difference in price is tremendous .....then people will buy online....Warranty service or not.....paying 2500 versus 4000 buys a lot of shipping and aftermarket warranty...and still have change left over to throw a party......

MONEY is MONEY and it does talk...

PEACE......

ALSO everyone harps on this warranty issue......IF the stuff is so good in the first place why do I need a warranty???

ygmn, you make some very good points. Mom & pop can demand a little more, but not much. This was my point by saying that we must be competitive.

Regarding the warranty, the warranty is there to protect you from manufacturing and component flaws. Even in a cost-no-object product these things can and do happen.