Weather relataed: Mobile Homeless

dodger

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok.... Here is an MP3 file of the sound of Isabel at around 10:10am or so. To give you an idea, the rather sorry mic is a good five feet from the window and the outer wall of the room. You need to turn your volume up VERY loud to hear this to get the effect of what it's like in person.

What you hear is a pelting rain on the one window in the corner. The very LOW RUMBLE is the actual sound of the wind on the corner of the house. It's a mediocre recording but better than nothing (perhaps not...heh).

The .wav file has a lower extension of wind rumble which gets lost via the .mp3 conversion. Regardless, the volume on your side has to be VERY high to get the effect of what it's like here and still, it doesnt catch it.

Hurricane Isabel - 10:10am - Turn up to full volume to get effect - .MP3

Yeah, it's rather lame but what the hell...

kh

ps- I just listened to this again... it's worthless. heh... I'll try to get something else a bit more representative. Lordy.

----------------

On 9/18/2003 10:32:33 AM mobile homeless wrote:

Ok.... Here is an MP3 file of the sound of Isabel at around 10:10am or so. To give you an idea, the rather sorry mic is a good five feet from the window and the outer wall of the room. You need to turn your volume up VERY loud to hear this to get the effect of what it's like in person.

Yeah, it's rather lame but what the hell...

kh

----------------

It doesn't image really well...

I just got off the phone with my sister in Va. Beach. They are a bit inland. They have water coming down their chimney, have already lost about half their trees (the oaks will be the only ones left, probably), and the fence is already gone. They seem ready, though. The bathtubs are full of water for toilet flushing, and there's chicken marinating in Chiavetta's (good ole Western NY girl!! makes me proud!!) so they can grill it up when it all blows through. They are hoping the boat in drydock doesn't get flooded out and float off into the ocean.1.gif

----------------

On 9/18/2003 10:38:51 AM mobile homeless wrote:

Turn it up, baby! I am getting GREAT center fill with these h/k near-field monitors! Excellent stuff. You hear the gusts? You gotta crank it! Get that subwoofer movin'!

I feel inspired to write a poem! I'm dedicating it to ole Dodger!

----------------

It's pretty loud...

My co-worker is looking at me with that "What the Hell" look...

I hope you won't take offense of this but I do prefer the delicacy of my "Sounds of Canadian Nature" by Andrew Marshall (the genius behind Audio Idea Guide). Soundstaging is much better.

Be sure to have two microphones in function when your beach facing siding will fly over your roof. It might give some impressive results. You know me, I am always looking for new reference recordings...

HEh.... you froot. I will try to "do a remix" and get Audrus in here as another pair of ears. These h/k reference speakers are proving worth their weight in gold! They make my CW sound like two hens in a bathtub playing Crazy 8s!

I hope that ole Beneteau is still upright after this.

Too bad about the trees down in the Va Beach area. We have about 5700 without power now in New Hanover county. Meanwhile, I am right on the coast with the worst of the winds here lit up like a roman candle!

Chris, I am getting ready to crack that bottle of red you sent for the special occasion!

kh

----------------

On 9/18/2003 11:02:59 AM mobile homeless wrote:

I hope that ole Beneteau is still upright after this.

----------------

I sure do hope so too. I was expecting a cruise in the St-Lawrence river next year.

I'm waiting for the remix and the poems...

Any chance for a direct to metal mastering?

Since you are the only one reading this thread, I dont know if I can justify the expense.

btw, the bands passing over right now are definitely the most intense. This place is rocking like a doomed cradle!

There are a gaggle of drunken college students renting a house behind me and one of the clowns was out in this mess on his skateboard using the wind to propel him down the road.... These are the kind of good ole froots we have down here. I just saw some poor sap on the pier attempting to shoot some video as well. Cant wait to see how that turns out...you can barely see 30 ft!

I am feeling writers block with this latest band. Besides, it's just you and me in this thread which has taken a turn for the worst, just like ole Isabel.

Some of the Weather Channel footage is pretty impressive. Think of what you Quebec freaks miss out on up there. All you get are bad US tourists lumbering about.

kh

Hey Kelly:

Make sure to use your peripheral vision while typing and earsounds, plus gut feeling.

Stay safe, as all love to see damage, we don't want to see you damaged.

There's na person that is a pain and is not the most reputable that will be on later tonight, so I deleted the list and made it sound like not a fun place to come to.

But my main feeling is for all to be safe, after all, who are we going to pick on or is going to pick on us but our family!

Besides, we all post together well, what one may not know the other does.

I found an advantage to webtv, pip while I'm on.

Got the weather (whether?) channel.

Glad you're physically alright, staying there? Well.......12.gif

Just stay safe.

Win dodger

Send the Diplomatic Flags down this way! I need all the help I can get the next time I wander up that way.

The last time I was in Quebec City, it was overrun by overweight Americans looking in all the wrong places... The lower city really is a tourist hell now - journey down there at your own risk. Frankly, I dont know how ole Jeffus puts up with it. Saturday night in the historic district reminds me of some bad frat party with better beer. We had to hunker down on his rooftop and stare at the horizon in an attempt to ignore the mutants below. On our way home, I actually mugged myself to end the misery. Thanks goodness for the fine food and beverage.

kh

----------------

On 9/18/2003 11:31:56 AM mobile homeless wrote:

Frankly, I dont know how ole Jeffus puts up with it. Saturday night in the historic district reminds me of some bad frat party with better beer. We had to hunker down on his rooftop and stare at the horizon in an attempt to ignore the mutants below. On our way home, I actually mugged myself to end the misery. Thanks goodness for the fine food and beverage.

kh

----------------

We usually let the Old Quebec belong to the tourists from from mid-June to end of August. We are pretty much at peace rest of the year. Septembre is the best time around (to Chris... Heh!).

BTW, Is it mandatory for all US citizen to wear Dr Scholl shoes when they leave home?

Worst time to come here is during the February Break with the Ontarian teenage mutants on a rampage in bare shirt at minus 35 oC. I'd trade anything with anything with Dr Scholl shoes against those drunken puking mutants. Especially since I live 20 m from a bar...