Weather relataed: Mobile Homeless

dodger

----------------

On 9/18/2003 11:02:59 AM mobile homeless wrote:

I hope that ole Beneteau is still upright after this.

kh

----------------

It's amazing how through all of this you can think about sex. Creative name, BTW, for ol' Johnson.

fini

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Kelly:

It's also mandatory to wear socks with them.

Get your head down, you're gonna get the outward spiral.

Fishing pier VA Beach partially gone.

Ocean city starting to really perk up, GaryMD watch out.

NE Cape Outlook is where it will hit, Chesapeake Bay is due to get heavy flooding. Rainfall low. About 1/3rd of expected. Washington tomorrow 4 - 8 inches rain, baltimore a little less, I wish I could type faster.

2.5 hour delay LaGuardia. VA getting hit hard now.

Johnny Cash singing a commercial for Choice Hotels. Off for now. Win

----------------

On 9/18/2003 12:21:19 PM DeanG wrote:

Kelly Holsten -- a beautiful, wonderful, loveable ... idiot.

He will be missed.

I want to hear a MP3 of the cat going for a walk.
3.gif

----------------

Greetings:

Dean, I think all you might hear is the wind and some footseps on the cat walk.

Win dodger

Well the only thing I could do today to put my mind at ease was to take the day off and play 18 holes of golf with a buddy. A tuna melt and a few beers and I'm back home.

Kelly, glad you're getting through this. You have much larger juevos than I but if you're going to do it, you might as well enjoy it :)

Glad (and surprised) the red is finally out of the closet. Enjoy. I will keep my promise if you come through this ... more and better stuff coming.

Jeff, I would bet that September is the best (all the "tourons" are gone) but I would bet that pre-Christmas would be lovely as well. Heat won't be a problem. We'll make it up soon.

Some wild ride, guys. You MD/VA folks be careful.

We haven't heard from him in a few hours.

He's either

(1) dead

(2) without power

I think #2 is more likely.

So, following the logic chain, candles are out, Gray is cuddling in the corner, the wine bottles are lining up on the bar, and

IT'S A PARTY.

I predict a child in nine months.

I'm going on record.

He'll kick my *ss for this.

Still here, although we are now experiencing one of the last REALLY powerful bands right now with gusts well into the 60mph range on Wrightsville. The wind reports are definitely conservative in this place.

Audrey walked around the corner and was literally BLOWN DOWN, this just 10 minutes ago. It had been calming down a lot over the past hour until this very heavy band came over for some hell fun.

We were very lucky here as all the hurricane force winds were from the Northwest making it far less damaging as it was never fully onshore. I am getting ready to head to where the Beneteau is on stands to see how it did. At least it has insurance.

band.jpg

I feel sorry for the poor souls using dial-up; this is one helluva graphic loaded thread! I dont know if all friends ARE electric! heh...

----------------

On 9/18/2003 8:24:30 PM mike stehr wrote:

So much for my PC speakers.....

Is it me, or did that storm blow though pretty quick?

----------------

Looks like it to me too...but now it's comming twards me and Craig here in central michigan http://intellicast.com/Local/USLocalWide.asp?seg=LocalWeather&loc=kday&prodgrp=RadarImagery&product=RadarLoop&prodnav=none&pid=none (I hope this works).......Gary

Our area was REALLY spared as the hurricane force gusts/winds were ALL COMING FROM OFFSHORE (ie northwest). We got less damage than a bad Nor'easter! With the winds out of the northwest, the storm surge and onshore damaging aspect never materialized much past very minor flooding as the wind was blowing AWAY from land due to counterclockwise winds and landing to our immediate north. Our beach had one sailboat drag anchor and go aground along with some downed trees and a few lost shingles/siding here and there. Otherwise, it was only a long day of super heavy wind and sporadic rain. The power went out for more in town than out here on the island, ironically enough.

Lord, were we lucky. The guys on the Outer Banks on the immediate north side of the storm were not so fortunate.

kh