• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"you obviously don't know much about audio."

and you're on drugs, prodj...

"Music is like a gorgeous woman,and its NOT FLAT. 9.gif"

and my speakers are not flat...they have curves...3.gif

"Why in the world would a guy that buy's $100,000 dollar speakers even sign up as a forum member here???????????"

and so you admit that Klipsch don't/can't make audiophile-grade speakers...

highlander, if you did know anything about audio, as I said before, you would know that there is no such thing as a better sounding speaker. they screw with tracks so much in the recording process, your Eggleston's are still light years away from the original performance, so why not getting something thats pleasing to the ears instead of boring and flat sounding? unless of course you're using your speakers in a PA system, where everything is live, and your speakers are only amplifying the insturments, they may be better then, but still the mic's and mic preamps and mixers will still color the sound, and your speakers don't play what is originally there. so, as long as our speakers are producing something nowhere close to the original production, we may as well get something that sounds good to our ears. to your pu$$y *** virgin ears, the smooth and mellow egglestons do the job, for me, the klipsch do it. don't bash them.

on 09/20/03 Mike said: Why in the world would a guy that buy's $100,000 dollar speakers even sign up as a forum member here???????????

Just curious..................

----------------------------------------------------------

then the_Highlander said: "Why in the world would a guy that buy's $100,000 dollar speakers even sign up as a forum member here???????????"

and so you admit that Klipsch don't/can't make audiophile-grade speakers

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm curious like Mike and admit no such thing. There are many people on this forum that would consider Klipsch to be audiophile grade speakers and I would put their respective "ears" up against any that you might have. I can't imagine somebody that spends 100k for speakers caring what anybody else thinks. Oh wait, maybe that person cares too much what everybody else thinks and not enough about what they hear!

----------------

On 9/20/2003 2:20:57 PM the_highlander wrote:

learn something?

----------------

Yes. Believe it or not, the parameters the industry use to "verify" if a speaker is or not accurate are FAR from perfect. We can only measure a handful of the variables involved. So, every argument you can use to try to "prove" that some set of speakers is clearly "more accurate" than other relies on a somehow weak assumption. That is something you should definitely need to learn.

----------------

so you think Klipsch is the best? may I suggest you check into the Stanford Hearing Institute...

----------------

I do believe that Klipsch make terrific speakers. They can transmit, how can I call it, more of the "soul" of music than most regular cone speakers. I don't know anything about "best" because, as I educated you before, the tools to "verify" if something is "best" are flawed. Good measurements are only part of the story. The other is using your ears to decide, not your wallet nor fancy names nor overpriced snob gear (not to say that all expensive gear is crap, but some is definitely way overpriced). There are other great speakers out there, no doubt about it, but my point here is that Klipsch belong to the "good ones" not the "bad ones" as you naively want to believe.

Oh, just one more thing. I value above all DBT's as a "proof" not any kind of measurements. In the end, WE listen, not the tools the industry use to measure "accuracy".

----------------

On 9/20/2003 8:33:06 PM TheEAR wrote:

"you would know that there is no such thing as a better sounding speaker"

LOL

SO B0$e AcousticMe$$ is as good as Klipsch RF7's! HiVi's Swan are as good as Dynaudio Special 25!

NOT

----------------

if they sound better to you, they're better speakers 3.gif not that anyonewould find them better sounding 3.gif3.gif3.gif

"so, as long as our speakers are producing something nowhere close to the original production, we may as well get something that sounds good to our ears."

unless you prescribe to a hearing-aid device...

"I can't imagine somebody that spends 100k for speakers caring what anybody else thinks."

since when did I care about what you think?

"as I educated you before"

you mean you finally listened to me and have your ear-wax removed?

"the more it costs the better it must be"

and since when did I say expensive has anything to do with good sound, or you guys just simply jump to conclusion out of stupidity?

now, can someone please explain to me why the Klipsch ProMedia V.2-400s (AKA LoudMedias) are so expensive when they were first released and only produced mediocre sound quality...oh wait I get it...they're pee-cee speakers and they're the best at the time (so they must be expensive...WOW what a concept)...sound likes BOSE marketing...11.gif

somebody have to fatten their pocket and the die-hards lose...how pity...

Eh bad analogy. The difference there is, when Klipsch V.2 400 came out, they was better then 90% of the PC speakers avaliable on the market. Bl0$e on the other hand is better then nobody...wait ok i'll give them the $200-300 HTIB setups, but thats it!

You don't like horn systems...good for you. However there are people that do like horn systems. Sound is subjective, to each his own. However I can assure you that there are horn loaded systems that can be neutral and accurate.

ProDJ,

"not that anyonewould find them better sounding "

The only people who would not find say Klipsch RF7's way better then B0$e AcousticMe$$ are fools who dont have a clue,and the only people who would not find the Dynaudio Special 25 besting any Definitice Tech speakers are reviewers who get paid by Definitive big $$$ under the table to make bombastic BS quotes.

End of story,not even open for debate.

Oh and before I close this,those who think HiVi is the second comming are newbies with next to no audio experience.

Highlander,

The Klipsch LoudMedia when it came out was to compete against the three and five piece PeaSee speakers.And when it came out it bested 98% of all PeaSee speakers with ease.I know very well even the VideoLogic SiroccoPro(had them)are no match for serious studio monitors made by PMC and Dynaudio.

Only VideoLogic,Evett Shaw(overpriced hype that went resting in pieces)clearly bested them at the time.And at the price Evett&Shaw was asking for their hype you could buy the Contour 1.1's and a Creek SE or Bryston integrated this combo anihalating any PeaSee speakers by a mile and another mile.

I have two pairs of Contour 1.1,and one pair is used as PeaSee speakers powered by a Celeste 4070/Anthem TLP1 preamp and no PeaSee speakers are even close.Its a one side beatdown.

----------------

On 9/21/2003 1:26:28 AM the_highlander wrote:

and since when did I say expensive has anything to do with good sound, or you guys just simply jump to conclusion out of stupidity?

----------------

funny you should mention this. I thought the same about you in two instances within this thread.

----------------

On 9/20/2003 2:20:57 PM the_highlander wrote:

"not simply to "softly insult" Klipsch fans"

so you think Klipsch is the best? may I suggest you check into the Stanford Hearing Institute...

----------------

how did you jump from "simply to "softly insult" klipsch fans" to "so you think klipsch is the best?" your logic is beyond me...

----------------

On 9/20/2003 3:37:20 PM the_highlander wrote:

"Why in the world would a guy that buy's $100,000 dollar speakers even sign up as a forum member here???????????"

and so you admit that Klipsch don't/can't make audiophile-grade speakers...

----------------

this thread is a sorry excuse to flame klipsch owners. you've admitted that you do not care what we think... great, so why the hell are you posting this on a public forum in the first place? don't you have the good sense to use private message or E-mail to contact theEAR? I don't think you are quite stupid enough to overlook the fact that some klipsch owners would respond. did you enjoy all the pointless single sentence answers you used... it's not working for you, you are like theEAR except not as witty or funny.

indulge your ego somewhere else.

Your Royal MAsjesty Highlander the 69TH,

I think GooseBumpChaser may have a good point here,why bash Klipsch.PWK is a legend in audio far greater then any of the me too designers who designed the speakers you own.

The K-Horns are used the world over in high end systems,what are you talking about not high end.Oh I see not high priced,and the commoner can buy them.

So tell me Highlader what company do you work for or OWN to need a sound system so ACCURATE AND FLAT? You must make SACD's for GOD and his crew.Tell me do you speakers play directly for GOD,or do you use a 10-10-2-20 econo like like the rest of us?

And why did you stay so long at the 3DSS dumpster board? With the gear you own the dimple faced youngsters there are not even worthy of 1 second of your time.And yet you posteed there!!??

I join and stay on boards where I share common interest and gear,I do not go to the tube amp section and spit on tubes because they dont suit me.And if post alot in the subwoofer section its because I have more experience than just about anyone else(besides a few people who design subs for a living).

I will NEVER AGAIN post in the 3DSS forum,because its a low end dumpster.And my gear is tenfold better then the best gear any of these little smurfs owns(or will EVER own).

So..

What is your interest here Highlander

"this thread is a sorry excuse to flame klipsch owners"

and how did you come to that conclusion? or it just another of your lame and stupid excuse to vent your idiosyncrasy...

"don't you have the good sense to use private message or E-mail to contact theEAR? I don't think you are quite stupid enough to overlook the fact that some klipsch owners would respond."

I ask Ear a simple question and you have to butt in...so you get what you deserve...plain and simple...

"indulge your ego somewhere else."

what does ego have to do with horn?

highlander, I have come to the conclusion that you either stole your stereo equipment, or somehow inherited the money to buy it without having to work yourself. judging by the idiotic things you write in your posts, you're far to stupid to have gotten a high enough paying job to affoard it on your own....