Ear and horn...

the_highlander

"I have come to the conclusion that you either stole your stereo equipment, or somehow inherited the money to buy it without having to work yourself."

prodj, how did you guess...6.gif

"he is nothing but a poor little clown."

yes, you're right...I can't write more then one sentence since I am uneducated...and I am just a poor little clown that sometimes made people angry and mad...but at time I deceive them so cleverly that they give me boat load of money to buy my audio stuff that you can only dream of...11.gif

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manuel,

Highlander lives in a van down by the river,I helped the poor man last winter.He was starving so I gave him $20,also he asked if I had any computer I could donate,being a compassionate human being I gave him my Magnvox 386SX20 with a whopping 6MB of RAM!

I also installed Windows in minimal installation mode(laptop)so he could at least get online with his 14.4baud Intel modem!

Now "Highlander" known as James to the bum population under the Jacques Cartier bridge,pretends to own exotic products and even claimed he was on a business trip! The man can't even sign his own name! He carries a template and fills in the spaces.

Furthermore when you ask him to post any proof of his extravagant claims he will repply with a one liner and he NEVER EVER will post anything heclaims to own.Guess why,the man is a lost cause.A drug addict and an active heavy drinker.

James makes at most 7000-$8000/year from his main occupation,metro beggar.This is a very sad case,when hospitals where closed in Quebec people like James were abandoned by the many mental institutions and sent back on the streets.Now James thinks he is a highlander,sure he combs Westmount often in search of food.

James hails from Silicon Valley CA ,after his soda can recycling business went empty canned he lost his mind and the Armee du Salut found him in Montreal North.Or so the story goes,I think his best pal "Crochet" knows the story best.

God bless James

lol, highlander you egotistical ba$tard. the biggest insult you can come up with is me not being able to affoard the gear you have? wow....I feel bad....so bad I think I'm almost starting to cry15.gif I WANT EGGLESTON WORKS IVY'S TOO!!! actually n/m, if I had $100,000 to spend it wouldn't all be on speakers. thats just a little too rediculous for me. there probably wouldn't be much sound quality difference in a 20K spekear.

oh, and ears, bravo on an excellent post 9.gif

----------------

On 9/22/2003 1:32:01 AM the_highlander wrote:

"the biggest insult you can come up with is me not being able to affoard the gear you have?"

prodj, either my wit is too good for you or you're incredibly stupid to misquote my post...

----------------

No no... I'm pretty sure your wit isn't that great at all. I'd say it is probably right on par with a five year old... So don't worry, most all members of the Klipsch forums are perfectly capable of understanding much much more complicated things.1.gif

----------------

On 9/22/2003 10:11:39 AM Frzninvt wrote:

You will have to give him sometime to cut and paste them from magazines, get them scanned and reworked in photoshop.
11.gif

----------------

LOL. "No, I swear the pictures are being developed right now. And on a completely unrelated matter, how do you use the 'extract tool'?"

It is somewhat strange that with the level of performance you are sitting at, you would of all places decide to stumble into the General Questions area of the Forum. I don't mean this as an insult to those who hang out here -- but it's not where this level of discussion usually occurs. At any rate, to this point your posts are clearly within the realm of trolling -- and this isn't likely to generate any serious responses.

Ivy_small.jpg

A beautiful, well regarded speaker -- and you can get a lot of things right with a cost no object design. I'm sure they sound great. However, as "great" as they might sound, they are certainly not perfect, for whatever design one brings into the equation -- there will be problems.

You must have a large room, as I don't think these would sound very good in anything but a large room.

I will say that the comments you have made so far regarding the sound of horns, and those who listen to them -- show that you may have a somewhat limited audio background.

http://invalid.ed.unit.no/~dunker/why.html

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/manufacture/whyhorns.htm

I hate trolls dean, simple as that. from post one I saw the troll-fest developing, just dissapointed that we always feed the trolls here.

I also love the way that a few people who may or may not have ponied up big bucks for a component or two thinks that they now have the key to dictate what is or is not good sound. I have auditioned much of the price-no-object stuff out there and have not been swayed to lay out the money for it yet, though I could afford to.

I have my eyes on some digital stuff (a TacT for example) and maybe a turntable (vpi scout?) but that's about it, my problem is my internal fight to KISS or go all the way. I love vintage stuff both for the sound and aesthetics, but part of me wants the triamped, digital future!

regards,

tony