Ear and horn...

the_highlander

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy.... I see this turning south real quick. I am gonna run and head for cover.4.gif

But I will add this, the bells I had, for the sound they created were a fantastic speaker. The sound stage was outstanding. I had never experianced anything like that in a speaker before. Maybe this is common for lots of different brands, but it was the first time I had noticed it. I don't recall what song it was but I was listening to my belles once and it literally sounded like there was an instrament about 1 foot behind me playing. A very three dimensional sound.

I liked it.

oh and the_highlander, if you're really are serious about this and want a good answer, I suggest you ask this up on 2 channel land. I would say a vast majority of the respectable folks don't venture down here to often as this place gets clouded with non audio posts... Of which I am very guilty of posting myself.

Sir Highlander the 2nd,

Dear majesty,horns when designed well are only mechanical amplifiers.And designed well means they only make the driver(tweeter,mid or woofer)play louder.Nothing more and nothing less

Those who dislike horns often did not sample the best horn speakers and have a FALSE made up idea.

Trust me when you would use your Jadis amp/preamp with the K-Horns in a room where you had two nice corners you would not say horns are irritaing at all.

And I know,I own both Klipsch,Dynaudio,Totem and Spendor speakers(no Paradigm does not count).ANy well designed speaker be it horn loaded,planar or the calssic cone type can sound DAMN good thank you.

You know I was very pleased when Sound & Vision compared JBL horns to Martin Logan electrostatic panels with Snell's cone drivers.They all sound very alike,and are musical.

Lets not be blind to this fact

I would say horns are useful to rap you upside your ignorant head and get that walnut you have in there rolling around with the hopes that it will generate some synapses to the central nervous system and cause you to actually generate thought. Just a theory though. 9.gif

----------------

On 9/17/2003 6:27:10 PM the_highlander wrote:

by the way, I do want speakers to reproduce sound as accurate and natural as possible with no coloration...horns can never accomplish that...

----------------

Let's start from here, please elaborate on what do you mean by "accurate and natural". I believe that if you are here is because you want to learn something, not simply to "softly insult" Klipsch fans.

Mr Highlander the 5TH,

Today is a great day I decided to play the USSR's national anthem performed with the Red Army choir,sounds almost too good on Klipsch.1.gif Makes other anthems ...pale in comparisson,this anthem is a true work of genius.Power,inspiration and pride.

Now where is the RED paint...

LOL

Highlander I heard you doo painted your speakers in Red Army red,show us some pics. 2.gif