Mac MX-110 For Sale

garymd

Very clean and in very good working condition. Approximately 75% of lettering is there, maybe 80%.

I paid $600 about 3 months ago for it, plus shipping, plus I paid for someone to check it out so I have more in it than I'd like to admit. I'm willing to let it go for $600 including shipping. I also purchased a beautiful original cabinet for it which I'll add in for another $100 (I paid close to $150 for it).

I'm only selling it to fund another purchase. If no interest by tomorrow, I have go to ebay or audiogon. I'm short on time with this one.

I don't have any pictures right now but will take some tomorrow.

Edit: Negotiable if I can sell this quickly. I have 2 days to decide on the other item I'm interested in.

Hello:

First, I will state that I know Gary. Second I will state that knowing Gary would not bias my description or opinion of equipment. One is Friendship, the other is business.

Now, I have seen the unit and I will agree with Gary's assessment. It is in VERY good condition and the cabinet IS an original McIntosh.

I know Gary had it checked out and I know for a FACT that he has more into it than stated. I already own an MX-110 otherwise this post would not be here, I would buy it.

And on my Parent's graves, Gary did not ask infer or imply that I write anything about this. I own ten 10 pieces of McIntosh equipment, that does not make me a technician, but it does give an idea of my opinion of McIntosh equipment and what physical condition it IS in.

Win dodger

Hello:

Edited:

Dean and Guy LOL

The McIntosh MX-110 is a combination FM Tuner/Pre-amplifier. He also has a manual.

What else would be needed would be an amplifier. The Amplifier need not be McIntosh, but usually one mates brand with brand.

I am answering because Gary Has to attend his Daughter's recital and cannot be on until later.

You can PM him. He has not paid me or agreed to any compensation for answering for him or assisting in its sale.

To note, some think those with a "Z" in the serial number are older and problematic. The MX-110 I own has a "Z" and when I called McIntosh, was told it was one of the units close to the last run. So that is to my knowledge a myth.

Win dodger

The MX-110 is a first-rate FM tuner-preamp from McIntosh's golden era. You'll need a power amp for it to make music. There were several different variations over the years.

It's also a very handsome unit and well worth the money. If I didn't already have one, I'd be after it like a wolf after a pork chop.9.gif

----------------

On 10/23/2003 3:36:40 PM boomac wrote:

I have no doubt that this is an excellent piece of audio equiptment at a fair price but what is a Mac MX-110 and what would it do for me? Would its purchase require any additional purchases to make music?

----------------

Hello:

To note what it would do for you, what other equipment you own would have to be known.

dodger

And it sounds very natural (read: musical) indeed! Personally I find the combination of tuner and preamp in one chassis intriguing as it solves interconnects and space. I have recorded some live relays with this unit and you get a very 'live' feeling indeed. So even if you don't have a vintage power amp to go with it yet, it'll be a great tuner. If I didn't already have such a MX-110, I'd drop Gary a line.

Wolfram

Thanks Win and everyone else who I paid.9.gif

I just got home and I'm about to leave to hear my daughter sing in her school's concert choir.

Sorry I didn't give a more detailed description but I want you to know this isn't a desperation sale. I have an opportunity to buy a Marantz 7 tube preamp which is considerably more expensive then the 110 so if I can sell the 110 quickly, I'll do it, otherwise I may not. I'm happy with what I have but like everyone else, I'm always looking to improve.

Gary,

my wife will kill me when she finds out, but I will buy the preamp with the case. I hope you realize I'll probably be paying for a trip to Montreal or Paris (sigh.) I will now have a great new school tube setup and a very solid old school tube setup. Dueling khorns and belles, with a set of heresies upstairs relegated to the undercard.

Send me your contact information, and I will give you a ring tomorrow between 9 and 10 am, unless someone gets crushed by an earthmover here in Ford, Washington at the mill site.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

You've got mail.

Busa,

I don't think I'm the only fool out there who's lost a little $$$ on audio. This year has been a little out of control though. Not so much with losses as with outright purchases.

I'm going to spend the weekend with the Marantz before I pluck down all those ducketts though. I hope it's as magical as the price indicates.

Isn't he the same one the MC240 came from? Sorry to hear things are up in the air right now. Thats about the same way I am with the TT. I just rehooked up the old Technics and it plays fine, so it is definitely a tracking problem. I missed Craig's call, so maybe later we will hook up and see what I have done.

Yup. After all the business we've done, he wouldn't let me take it home for the weekend without dopping down all the $$$. I thought he trusted me a little more than that. It still may happen but not without a test drive first.

Dave's been great about this. We're both waiting to see what happens before any transactions are made.