AE-1 alert for those looking for a preamp

sprocket

This preamp isn't only nice looking, it also sounds great. Yes, it doesn't have a phono section, but there are external options available. I am very pleased with my unit and still planning to write a review1.gif . Anyway, don't pass this one if you are looking for a very good preamp indeed - and yes, it is superior to the AE-3. Highly recommended!

Wolfram

Highland;

I have purchased my JA Michel TT and my LK-48 Scott amp from concientious sellers on E Bay.

And a french horn for my son.

Only bad deal was a set of 4 scratched up Led Zepplin vinyl LPs out of 30 transactions.

I just got 3 NM Marshall Crenshaw LPs delivered yesterday.

Your concern needs clarification.

Sage advice from those that play DOOM with the latest P4...

Sprocket, sorry to see you got outbid on this great little preamp. It's one of the bargains of the now defunct Cary/AES options. This is probably one of the best of the AES line and no longer manufactured since they supposedly put the circuit into the main CAD SLP-98. This is the cheapest way to buy into the SLP-98 sound. It's generally a steal when it comes up in this range, especially if a factory wired model.

kh

----------------

On 11/2/2003 9:24:23 PM the_highlander wrote:

why would someone willing to spend over $500 on a piece of used audio equipment (that retails for $600 new) he never even seen or listen to...moreover, why would anyone want to buy anything from somebody online that he/she never met face to face...this is just beyond me...

NEVER BUY AUDIO GEARS ONLINE!

----------------

My whole 2 channel system was bought online!9.gif

Tom

I do believe this is Pat Landrum's AE-1. Pat was a regular forum goer for awhile but did get burned on some Klipschorns vis ebay where the seller took his money and ran, a more than unfortunate experience. Pat has had some nice gear and takes care of his stuff. Of course, if this isnt PAt, disregard all the above except for the fact that this is another great deal with an AE-1 with an EXTERNAL power supply. This would make this unit far more suitable for a phono stage if it had the room and chassis holes (nope, it doesnt).

Sorry for outbiding you, Sprocket but I didn't know that was you 1.gif. Anyway, I want the preamp badly based on Dean's recommendation and many others' praises. Can't wait to listen to it. By the way, I have been buying quite a bit of stuff online without any problem except for a single incident where a seller went bad and I lost several hundred dollars on a couple of video cards. This is my first audio purchase though.

Hey Neo

I'm glad someone on the forum picked up this fine preamp. Let us know how it

performs. When I first announced the e-bay auction of this little jewel, little

interest was generated. As the days went by I planed to try it myself. You can always sell it to me should you outgrow it.

It may sound crazy but I just picked up an other preamp 2 weeks ago. I was built

by Mike P. who markets a great TT under his company name "Progressive Engineering".

This is a name Kelly (mobile) will know very well as Kelly built Mike's excellent

website www.progressiveenineering.com

The preamp Mike built was based on the Bottlehead Foreplay. However the build

quality and unique layout was not unlike Mike's TT work. Mike also massaged my

battery biased Moondogs for me. Together with his preamp, my system has never performed so well.

So I'm happy and your happy Neo. If it makes the rest of the boys happy, know that Mike does very well at the drag races too.

Reg