Have you ever been tempted to stray...

jdm56

...from the Klipsch fold? Especially all you guys with big ol' klipsch heritage or the other larger floorstanders such as KLF30's, Chorus's, etc. Have you ever given serious or semi-serious thought to going for some slim & trim new design that would be much less intrusive? Not to mention being much more adaptable to different rooms. Well, I have. I've been eying some of the current Polk models. And even the klipsch reference line. Especially the RB-75. What with multi-channel, and the proliferation of good, affordable subs, maybe the age of the big, full-range speaker is over.6.gif (blasphemy!)

Personally, it's not that I am dissatisfied with my horn's sound, so much as the fact that even though they are huge, most big klipsch still benefit from subs. And with multi-channel - well, two k-horns and three to five belles would tend to hog so much floor space that there is no room left for much of anything else - at least not in average size rooms.

I'm probably just going through a period of "audio unrest", so bear with me, please, and don't brand me as a heretic just yet!

I have to be honest I have pondered the notion of trading my Khorns and 3 La Scala's for 4 RF-7's and an RC-7, and the Heresy II's for a pair of RS-7's but I don't want to have to sell them all to change over. I would however considered a trade but I doubt there is anyone willing to do so. I love the sound, but my room is like 16' X 14' X 8' and I am in an apartment so maybe I am looking for some additional room.

Guest Anonymous

Gary,

I strayed for 7 years with Martin Logans, all around. They were great for HT and classicle, and female vocals, but with rock and blues they made my ears hurt, even more so than the cornwall's with a ****ty recording!!!!got rid of them and came home to KLIPSCH. Yes they are big but they have a BIG sound!!!!!

Smilin11.gif

----------------

On 12/1/2003 1:45:04 PM PhilMays wrote:

I have.....I am considering the B & W line....heavily. I am looking for a more refined sound in my main system...

God I feel guilty.

----------------

Don't feel guilty...B&W is definitely a different sound than Klipsch, each has it's own merits though and I for one am glad I made the change. But as other posters noted about switching back and forth, I will definitely have Klipsch in future systems.

You bet,I have Dynaudio Contour,Totem,Paradigm speakers. As for subs I have three Klisch RSW subs plus over a dozen non Klipsch subs.

Its all good

For HT and live rock I prefer the power of Klipsch.For Jazz,Classical and any acoustic music the Dynes take the cake easy.More refined

Totem also qualifies,great speakers for acoustic music.As with the Dynes they need plenty of wattage to deliver the goods.

Now Paradigm,competent speakers(I have the old Atom,Micro,Studio 20),nothing special.I will however get the Paradigm Signature 100,these are very special both sound quality and fit and finish(bird eye maple)

Yes...

I will probably have Klipsch someday, but dirt cheap JBL deals keep finding me. At this rate, I will have a VERY nice JBL speaker system, and no need for Klipsch 6.gif

However, my current new speakers are awesome for home theater, but I need some beasts for music. The RF-7's fit the bill for music and movies.

You're right, I would love to test/hear one but I don't have the money to plunk down on a sub when I have two perfectly working RSWs. I want to hear for myself what is so special about SVS. Side by side testing is what I want to hear but unless a SVS should fall from the sky, land on my doorstep I just don't see it happening. 1.gif