• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Those belong to edster00, a member of this Forum."

Excerpt from "Let us give thanks!" thread:

"neo33,

One of the reasons I didn't mention my Moondogs earlier is you seemed pretty SET (pun intended) on getting MagneQuest iron...mine have ElectraPrint iron." edster00 11/26/2003.

Need I say more?

For cryin out loud, the Electraprint transformers are excellent. You do realize that the guy who put the DRD back on the map is the same guy who runs Electraprint? I'm sure Jack Elliano would get a real kick out of your preference for Magnequest, since the Electraprint transformers are considered by many to be the best in the world. How much research have you actually done on your own?

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/viewpoint/1101/aachapter27.htm

http://www.electra-print.com/index.html

Amps

"For cryin out loud, the Electraprint transformers are excellent."

Yes they are and I am not disputing that. However, I have listened to both Electra Print and MagneQuest trannies and IMO, the latter is more refined and more open. Beside, I am quite sure Ed would not want to sell them to me 2.gif.

"the Electraprint transformers are considered by many to be the best in the world."

No they are not! The Tango is.

PS. Deano, I have proved you wrong before. Remember this: "Neo doesn't strike me as the patient type. Moondogs may or may not show up -- and I think he's ready to move now."? I don't give up that easy, however, if Kelly won't sell me his Moondogs, I may get the DRDs and swap out the trannies. The DRDs seem to have the circuits I like best.

Gosh darn it...somebody give me $1750 so I can buy 'em off Edster! No need pickin' nits over which trannies are better; they're all good! I'm sure they both blow away the heavy-duty Ei power transformer I have on my BEZ Model T3B 300B SE amp.

Sorry if I'm posting off here but I was curious if any of the members here had a set amp close to cinci ohio they'd let me audition. Not wanting to buy, just would like to listen and hear for myself what all the talk is about. Just love all the set to pp arguements! Just kidding, it is just a hobby. Thanks, Randy

Neo:

Yes, you do need to say more!!! You need more experience to understand that Electra-Print transformers are very highly regarded. I understand where you are coming from. but Edster's amps were wired very, very well. I have seen and heard them myself, and they are fantastic amplifiers. I don't know if Ed included a picture of the inside of his amps, but email him and have a look for yourself -- if you don't know what you're looking at, ask me. These were simply very outstanding Moondogs.

Whatever....

I'm done with this. All I remember you saying about what you are looking for in an amp is. "I want my Moondogs!"

Buy Edster's Moondog's then save up some cash for the $1100 Tango OPT's, and then throw the Electa-print's away.

(I'll take those rolled-off Electra-Prints off your hands.)

Yes, the OPT is like the heart of a tube amp, but if the circuit sucks, PS or whatever, or not optimized for the output tube or OPT, then the quality of the output transformer isn't going to really matter. IMO...

Buy Edster's Moondogs. Ebay his OPT's, use the cash and whatever else to get the Magnequest OPT's that you prefer.

Talk about particular, Damn!